No Suite Guaranties?

jaspersmommy

Hi,

I have a deluxe veranda booked for our April 6/13 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse. I've only cruised once before and had a Celebrity Suite, which was great. I've been thinking about this upcoming cruise since I booked and am wondering if the cabin will be way too small for 14 days.

I called Celebrity today to enquire about the cost for a suite guarantee. The guy who helped me sounded really new and not very knowledgeable. He kept putting me on hold and checking with other people for every answer. He came back and told me that Celebrity is not offering suite guarantees on this cruise since it's a popular one and usually a very good seller. Hence they think they can sell all the suites at regular prices.

If the guy at Celebrity had sounded at least somewhat confident I would've taken his word for it and not given it another thought. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Is it normal to not have suite guaranties for popular itineraries, or should I call Celebrity again and speak to someone else?

Thanks very much!

Sue

Hi,

I have a deluxe veranda booked for our April 6/13 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse. I've only cruised once before and had a Celebrity Suite, which was great. I've been thinking about this upcoming cruise since I booked and am wondering if the cabin will be way too small for 14 days.

I called Celebrity today to enquire about the cost for a suite guarantee. The guy who helped me sounded really new and not very knowledgeable. He kept putting me on hold and checking with other people for every answer. He came back and told me that Celebrity is not offering suite guarantees on this cruise since it's a popular one and usually a very good seller. Hence they think they can sell all the suites at regular prices.

If the guy at Celebrity had sounded at least somewhat confident I would've taken his word for it and not given it another thought. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Is it normal to not have suite guaranties for popular itineraries, or should I call Celebrity again and speak to someone else?

Thanks very much!

Sue

Hi Sue,

Great question. It depends on how close the sailing date is, and the quantity of Suites available. If there aren't too many left, it decreases the chances of Suite GTY's being offered. As you are sailing in April of 2013, Celebrity rarely offers GTY's so far in advance.

If you are in doubt about what you were told, you can always call back and see what another rep has to say. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Archived