New Orleans

struther1

Hi we just came off Serenade and while on board we booked the Navigator out of New Orleans next February. Want to go in early and explore NO (never been before) Looking for hotels close to RCI cruise dock, can you all help with some suggestions? Thanks

Hi we just came off Serenade and while on board we booked the Navigator out of New Orleans next February. Want to go in early and explore NO (never been before) Looking for hotels close to RCI cruise dock, can you all help with some suggestions? Thanks

I am also on this sailing of Navigator and in the planning stages for hotels etc. We have a very active roll call. Come by and visit if you have not already done so and we can plan together. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32110094#post32110094

I am also on this sailing of Navigator and in the planning stages for hotels etc. We have a very active roll call. Come by and visit if you have not already done so and we can plan together. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32110094#post32110094

Hi Emmy I just posted over there

We're sailing on VOS 4th Feb (next week!!!) and have 3 days pre-cruise staying at the W Polydras Street. Its close to French quarter and not far from Terminal,..... travel agent recommended it, but I'm English so what do I know!!! :)

If you stay closer to the terminal, then you will be in the convention center area ... it's not too far from the sights, but a little further away. Some of the closer hotels are the Embassy Suites Convention Center, Hampton Inn Convention Center, and the Hilton Riverwalk. Hotels on Canal street are somewhat in between the FQ and the convention center and might be a nice compromise if you are staying a couple of days ... these hotels include the Marriott, JW Marriott, Astor Crowne Plaze, and the Sheraton.

Just my opinion but if you are going to NOLA, I'd stay in the French Quarter. Love just walking arouind and taking in the sights. NOLA is way more then Bourbon Street.

We always stay in the Bourbon Orleans Hotel for its nice central location. Steps to everything.

If you want the absolute closest hotels to the ship, then your options are:

Marriott at the Convention Center-

859 Convention Center Blvd

New Orleans, LA 70130

(504) 613-2888

OR

Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans Hotel

701 Convention Center Boulevard , New Orleans,

504-524-8200

They are right across the street from an alternative entrance I mentioned

on another post, the entrance at the corner of Julia St. and Convention

Center Blvd. You can't drive down this short, one way street, but you can walk

with your luggage and go straight into the terminal entrance and you wouldn't

need a taxi from the hotel to the ship.

You are not in the French Quarter at these hotels but very close. You could

walk a few short blocks and catch the street car in front of the Hilton hotel

on Canal street to get into the French Quarter. This street car runs along the

river.

We leave in 7 days for NOLA, we are sailing in 9 days. I, for some reason am not at all excited about NOLA. I get the impression that it is all party! party! party! Please tell me there is more to do than drink and party. I hope that someone will be able to help.

We don't drink or party and love New Orleans. I would do the French Quarter during the day just to appreciate the buildings that have been maintained. Go to Cafe Du Monde. Walk the river front. Years ago we had our vehicle so we drove out to Oak Alley (plantation). You can also do swamp tours. Oh yes, ride the street cars too. We will be there again in two weeks and we are looking forward to it!!!

Archived