Copenhagen Embarkation

pungo3

I have a question for any of you Princess cruisers who have cruised out of Copenhagen. Does Princess use Stevedores to handle your luggage at the dock? If so, how did you tip them? Did you use Kroners, Euros or USD? What is the expected amount? I did a search but couldn't find this subject mentioned elsewhere. I also posted this question over on the Port of Calls section but thought I might get an answer quicker over here. Thank you to anyone who can help.

Hi Pungo3!

We did do the Baltic cruise last year out of Copenhagen. We stayed there for a few days ahead of time, so we had Danish Kroner. We did tip them with it, but I think you would be fine no matter if you use Kroner, Euro's or USD. I'm sure many people didn't have Kroner, as they had just arrived that morning on flights from the US, so that shouldn't be a problem. Their embarkation area was pretty easy and quick. We arrived around noon and basically walked on the ship in almost record time.

If you are inclined to get any money ahead of time, I would really suggest getting some Euro's. I had researched all the countries we were going to then, and even if they were still using their own currency, like Denmark, Euro's were so widely accepted, that I wish that was the only currency I had taken with us.

Have a wonderful cruise. We loved our time there.

Hulagirl, thanks so much for the information. I appreciate it. I can easily get Euros before the trip so that's what I'll take. I've traveled quite a bit in Germany and am very comfortable using Euros.

Thanks again for replying. I'm really looking forward to this trip.:D

Glad this helped. You will have a wonderful time. We really enjoyed the Baltic cruise. The two days in St. Petersberg are way too fast. We did the 2 day tour from the ship and found it to be pretty good. Red October for just the 3 of us was so very expensive, but I do think it would have been a bit better. Had a wonderful time anyway.

We actually went to Copenhagen 6 days before the cruise. Figured if we were going to be traveling from Seattle, we may as well spend as much time as we could there first. Had a great time taking the trains out into the country and seeing the castles and churches. At least we weren't tired when we got on the ship.

Have a great cruise. I'm truly jealous!

Archived