Water Package Question

Decebal

I called Celebrity and ordered one water package with the discount. I was informed the package is per person, ($124.20).

Would I sound like a total tightwad by not spending $372 for all three for water. That's more than our food budget for a month. For water!

Anyway, although the rep explained it to me, and maybe I am too thick, but I still don't get how if this package is "unlimited" I can't share the water with my parents or bring bottles back to the room or take bottles with us when we get off the ship. We don't drink alchohol nor soda, so water and ice tea it is. Help!

Anyway, although the rep explained it to me, and maybe I am too thick, but I still don't get how if this package is "unlimited" I can't share the water with my parents or bring bottles back to the room or take bottles with us when we get off the ship. We don't drink alchohol nor soda, so water and ice tea it is. Help!

Take a 12 pack of bottles on board with you. Keep them filled with water from the Main Dining Room. You can take the bottles anywhere you want (even leaving the ship...put them in a canvas bag). Nobody plays water (or alcohol) police.

Have fun!:D

I called Celebrity and ordered one water package with the discount. I was informed the package is per person, ($124.20).

Would I sound like a total tightwad by not spending $372 for all three for water. That's more than our food budget for a month. For water!

The reason you can't (shouldn't) share the water with anyone is because that is considered stealing.

Plain and simple.

Celebrity is doing this business to make money, not to lose it on people that cheat the beverage packages. Will you "get away with" buying one at one place, one at another, and sharing it - yeah probably - but personally I didn't want it on my conscience as I knew it was considered wrong. It is, after all, stealing, since you'd be giving the water to a person that didn't pay for it.

Sounds harsh, I know, but that's as plain as it can be put.

Bring some on board like someone else posted, then they have their own water.

Of course I am not going to try to steal, I just got hunged up on the "unlimited" and "not sharing part". We'll figure it out. We went to Alaska on Celebrity a couple of years ago, and don't remember buying any beverage package or being charged for drinks, but again, I don't drink alcohol or soda and just drank whatever water they put in front of me, thus the confusion this time around. I am sure we will not die of thirst. :)

.... I don't drink alcohol or soda and just drank whatever water they put in front of me, thus the confusion this time around. I am sure we will not die of thirst. :)

You can still do this if you prefer! The tap water is free as is a large assortment of other no-extra-charge beverages.

If you want bottled water there is a cost. But it may be best for you to just buy this by the bottle as you go ($2 small and $4 large) rather than buy an unlimited package or packages.

The reason there is no sharing is because the packages are priced per person, so it would be improper to pay only for one person and then attempt to use the packages for more than one. If you think the package is too expensive for only one then it is a good indication it is not right for you and you shouldn't be buying it.

Once you purchase a bottle of water, on the package or not, you can carry it back to your stateroom or off the ship if you choose. In fact I think I read that the water sales at the disembarking gangway ramp on port days is covered by the packages.

Personally, we've always bought our bottled water by the bottle, and not with an unlimited package, in the past. That and occasionally we've brought as much as a case or more of bottled water on board from shore during the cruise.

Of course I am not going to try to steal, I just got hunged up on the "unlimited" and "not sharing part". We'll figure it out. We went to Alaska on Celebrity a couple of years ago, and don't remember buying any beverage package or being charged for drinks, but again, I don't drink alcohol or soda and just drank whatever water they put in front of me, thus the confusion this time around. I am sure we will not die of thirst. :)

It's "unlimited" for the person that bought it. Obviously if it were "unlimited" for all the entire ship could go in on 1 package and be set :-)

We have also brought our own bottled water on board at embarkation. Stopped at a nearby store, bought a couple of cases of water, put luggage tags on the cases and they were delivered to our stateroom along with our luggage. It helps keep the cost down if you are able to do that; once we used our supply up, we switched to the bottled water on the ship, we prefer bottled water over the tap water on the ship... just our personal preference.

Archived