What to do if prices go down?????

gb88

I have booked an August NCL cruise. With the tragic situation with the Costa Concordia, there is a distinct that prices might drop in an effort to get nervous travelers to book cruises. Should that happen, would it be possible for me to renegotiate my rate with my travel agent? I don't make a final payment until June.

If the price drops prior to final payment I'd contact your TA and ask for the price adjustment. The only possible concern might be any fees your TA charges to change or rebook. You can also cancel and re-book at any time prior to final payment. Additionally, any perks or OBC you got with your original deal might not be included when rebooking.

If it's after final payment, you're technically out of luck. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't contact your TA and try for a price reduction or some extra OBC. Many have reported success doing so.

I booked on line from NCL. I called a PCC at NCL and rebooked my May cruise on the Star because the price has gone down $500 each on our DOS. She did it with no problem. Go to the NCL site and call the number there. If you used an online TA contact them.

I had booked online for me and my mother. Prior to the final payment due I noticed the price had dropped. I had originally booked online. I called NCL and they made the adjustments and told me that there were some OBC offers with booking at that time so I received a total ( between fare and OBC) $300 per person. This is a good reason not to make final payment until it is due.

Archived