Carnival Inspiration Review/Pics 01/20/12-1st Timers w/ 22 mnth old

Cocoanib

Thanks so much for your review. My wife and I are both vegans (we run an animal rescue organization and figure it would be hypocritical to save some while eating others) and are booked on a Carnival cruise out of Port Canaveral, Florida next month. Good to see there are many tasty options available!! :)

Thank you so much for your review of the vegan/vegetarian aspect! DH and I are new vegans, so while we've cruised before, we've not cruised as vegans. The vegan dishes look wonderful! I am that much more excited to cruise again!

I didn't fully know what to expect before we left, but I was so impressed and surprised at how delicious the food was!

Vegan cruise food is not just the salad bar!

is/was a great review. Glad you all had a great time [excluding the sickness]. Daughter is so cute!!!! I love it when families make great memories!!!!!

Thank you! Yes, we made great memories on our 1st cruise!

Thanks so much for your review. My wife and I are both vegans (we run an animal rescue organization and figure it would be hypocritical to save some while eating others) and are booked on a Carnival cruise out of Port Canaveral, Florida next month. Good to see there are many tasty options available!! :)

What amazing work you and your wife do! You will eat well on carnival and the best part is that it will be cruelty free!

Great review~! Your family is adorable. I am not veg or vegan, but I tend to eat veg/vegan two days a week so I was hoping to find some good food on Carnival and it looks like I will have some great choices!

Thank you so much! Yes, you will have many delicous options. Enjoy your cruise!

I agree on the difference of vacations..like both..and as I age..the cruising is a different kind of easy..but I like to be one new place and go deep into knowing it and resting whenever I want to as well...

So sorry DH had seasick issues...good way to look at it for next time and so glad it was at the end...and also glad they are different shows when I take this cruise again....thanks again...Sarah

Thanks for reliving my cruise with me! Until next time :)

Sea Day Continued

DD and I stopped by the buffet for some bread and a baked potato for her and DH. I thought this would help their stomachs while feeling sea sick.

For seasickness, I have heard that green apples work. I also go to the sushi bar and get some ginger to munch on to help with the queasiness.

Great review...this is your buddy from Oxnard (wink wink)! I'll be on this boat tomorrow! I can't wait!!

Hey gal! I know your gonna have a blast!

Thanks again for planting the cruising seed in my head :)

A 22 month old that eats sushi, gazpacho and asks to use the bathroom? Show off. Seriously, great job! Loved the review, thanks for taking the time to post

Haha! She's a very mature little gal :p

I'm glad you enjoyed the review!

For seasickness, I have heard that green apples work. I also go to the sushi bar and get some ginger to munch on to help with the queasiness.

Oh green apples, never heard that one. Thanks, we will try it next time since the buffet seemed to always have them.

You just reminded me that I had brought along some ginger chews with us, but totally forgot to have DH try them.

My wife got sea sick on the Spirit so I went to the MDR myself. I told our waiter she would not be joining me and about her sea sickness. He prepared a plate for her to go. It had sliced apples and saltine crackers. He told me to tell her not to drink any liquid until the sea sickness it passed. It worked!

My wife got sea sick on the Spirit so I went to the MDR myself. I told our waiter she would not be joining me and about her sea sickness. He prepared a plate for her to go. It had sliced apples and saltine crackers. He told me to tell her not to drink any liquid until the sea sickness it passed. It worked!

That's so nice of them! I wish we would have tried that.

I'm taking notes for next time.

Thank you so much for your review! As a long-time vegetarian who has been flirting with veganism recently, it is nice to know that there will be good food options for me on the ship!

And I must agree with everyone else...your DD is absolutely adorable!

You are so welcome and I hope you enjoy lot's of delicious vegan meals on your cruise!

Thanks, we have so much fun travelling with her!

Thank you for your review, we loved the Inspiration :) We were on her in October when she was still doing the 5 day western Caribbean and had a blast, your review was a nice trip down memory lane and I loved the adorable pictures of your sweetheart little girl (my favorite was the sushi face :D )

My husband, on our first cruise was SEVERELY sea sick, honestly I had never actually seen a person turn green before that time, and that was for all 6 days, he tried everything from eating apples to the bands to over the counter meds, nothing worked so before our next cruise he went and saw his doctor and he prescribed him Betaserc, he takes one pill before boarding in the morning, then takes 2 pills a day, one in the morning one at night and the last 3 cruises he has felt no sea sickness at all, and we've been in some pretty rough seas. Hopefully your DH finds what works for him for next time:)

• 4 weeks later...
I was looking forward to the 2 things I’ve heard so much about on here, the DOD and The Mongolian Wok. We ordered 2 DOD’s from the waiter and DD and I headed up to get food while DH stayed at the table.

DD and I are vegan and DH is veg. I read that some ships offer tofu at the Wok, so I asked, but they didn't have any. We chose all the veggies we wanted and the black bean sauce. DD and I really enjoyed it.

6758101085_1b271b8a3c_z.jpg

Loved your review! I am a vegetarian and just found out that the Black Bean Sauce has Oyster Sauce as one of the ingredients. I was recently on the Splendor and tried the Mongolian Wok w/the BB Sauce and it had an odd taste and quit eating it after a few bites. When we returned I had my PVP ask about it and the chef replied back that it did indeed have Oyster Sauce in it. :mad: I just wanted to pass it along to you for your future cruises :)

Thank you for your review, we loved the Inspiration :) We were on her in October when she was still doing the 5 day western Caribbean and had a blast, your review was a nice trip down memory lane and I loved the adorable pictures of your sweetheart little girl (my favorite was the sushi face :D )

My husband, on our first cruise was SEVERELY sea sick, honestly I had never actually seen a person turn green before that time, and that was for all 6 days, he tried everything from eating apples to the bands to over the counter meds, nothing worked so before our next cruise he went and saw his doctor and he prescribed him Betaserc, he takes one pill before boarding in the morning, then takes 2 pills a day, one in the morning one at night and the last 3 cruises he has felt no sea sickness at all, and we've been in some pretty rough seas. Hopefully your DH finds what works for him for next time:)

Thanks for all the info! I'm filing it away for any future cruises. It's really no fun when someone get's super sick while on vacay.

Loved your review! I am a vegetarian and just found out that the Black Bean Sauce has Oyster Sauce as one of the ingredients. I was recently on the Splendor and tried the Mongolian Wok w/the BB Sauce and it had an odd taste and quit eating it after a few bites. When we returned I had my PVP ask about it and the chef replied back that it did indeed have Oyster Sauce in it. :mad: I just wanted to pass it along to you for your future cruises :)

Thanks for letting me know. Oh geez, I think all the other sauces were spicy or had animal product in them as well. Maybe we can just ask for soy sauce and sesame oil or something.

• 2 months later...

Awesome review! I was devestated after my first cruise(Carnival Triumph) to find out most soups had chicken/beef stock! I had been veggie for about 8 years by then, just didn't think to ask since it didn't say in the description.

I thought soups on cruises were a past for me.. I NEVER would have thought to ask to see if they can be made with veggie stock! We try NCL in November, I am going to contact them a few weeks in advance to see if I can get this set up.

I was so suprised on our 2nd cruise(Princess) that the chef in one of the specialty restaurants made a special veggie dish for me(I was satisfied with appetizers!). Too bad I couldn't enjoy it since dear BF(not veggie like your DH:() decided to order languistine(seafood) and they leave the heads on! To make matters worse- they are eaten end first so the eyes were staring at ME the entire time!:eek: I still give him crap for that!

Your family is adorable(love the all veg thing!). I see lots of pets in your daughters life being raised with that attitude! :D

Archived