Carnival Dream

eknowlton

Sailing on the Dream in May, booked an inside cabin. Can anyone give me any info on an inside room. Ive never stayed inside before and Im alittle nervous. Scared I might strangle my husband with the close living quarters.

Also, Dos and Donts of the Dream would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

I almost always book an inside cabin. It's one of the ways that I make cruising several times per year affordable....

I'm a people person, so my sister and I are rarely in the cabin other than to change and sleep..........they are great for sleeping in because they are VERY dark....I think they are about 185 square feet so they don't seem that cramped to me, but then we have the beds set up as twins.....

The bathroom is a standard size and layout, and there are still 3 closets as in all cabins....

We each have a battery powered alarm clock so that we can see what time it is.......and we sleep with the bathroom light on to give us a path during the night...

The television will have several channels that are tuned to the exterior ship cameras so you can see what the weather is like without having to go outside.

I've been in all categories of cabins, but as I said I choose inside for the price.

A don't would be "don't strangle your DH on the cruise!"

Seriously, the Dream is a beautiful ship with lots to see and do regardless of your interests.

DO be sure to read the Fun Times every night so you don't miss something the next day. They list the shows, entertainment, activities. We found that looking the night before helped us know what we might be interested in doing the next day.

Don't miss the BBQ on the Lanaii on sea days (starboard side, aft, just outside Ocean Plaza). Take your own drink with you when you go unless you're doing bottomless bubbles (soda sticker) because they don't have tea/water/lemonade available - they have a small bar set up so you can get drinks you have to pay for.

Try the Pasta Bar - back of the Gathering, up one flight behind the dessert station. Skip the Meat Lasagna unless you like a chunk of meat in your lasagna - it's not "meat lasagna" like most people think of with ground beef.

Do pay attention at the safety drill. Follow crew member directions. Make sure you know where your life jackets are in your cabin and don't store them where you can't get to them easily.

We had a Cove Balcony but found that there was adequate lighting coming in from under the cabin door that we didn't need to leave the bathroom light on at night. I would suspect an inside cabin can be pretty dark but might be lighter as your eyes adjust.

DO have a great time!

We were in an inside cabin during our NYE cruise on the Dream, and honestly it wasn't that bad. We felt the room size was perfeclty fine for two people (my brother, and I), and my parents, who were in another inside cabin beside us didn't feel too claustrophobic either. After all, we are hardly in our cabins apart from sleeping!

We were on the dream in Sep. and had inside room 1445 and it was really nice. We both had plenty of room to move around. There is plenty of storage space for everything 2 closests you can hang stuff and another with shelves that we put our folded shirts and pants and extra stuff that need to be sat up. There are also Drawers on the Vanity i put my costume jewlery and make up in the top (only so much room for stuff up there, because of the hair dryer) and the bottoms drawers we put or underwear and such in. And you can stack your suit cases together and put them under the bed as well. So they are not in the way ;) you also have storage under each night stand. So you will have plenty of room to move around. But we tried not to stay in the room to much, way to much fun going on outside ;) What date are you going in May? We are going on the May 12th sailing. But this time we will be in a cove Balcony.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I am claustraphobic but we always book an inside for 4 of us (Me, DW, DS, DS). I LOVE it. Saves a ton of money and I get the best sleep. We use the stateroom for sleeping, bathroom and shower. I probably spend about 1 waking hour a day in the room. So much else to do and see on the ship. Now, I am sure I would love a balcony. Maybe when the boys are out of college I will splurge, but for now, inside is great.

Here's a picture of our inside on Liberty of the Seas. Carnival's cabins are actually larger. Enjoy your cruise!!!

SDC14112.jpg.26accf7e6a2b8d1fcd061c14f261f50d.jpg

Archived