**Are you obsessed with this site??** A compulsive planner?

I am very obsessed with the site. My husband just rolls his eyes when I am on it and gives me his "not again" look. Is there some support group like Compulsive Travel Planners Anonymous that I can join? :D :D Our cruise is not until December and yet here I sit surfing the boards getting all of the good tips and suggestions.

Allison

Please add me to the OCC (obsessive, compulsive cruise) Club. I have yet to go on our first cruise, 23 day's and counting. But most of what I know, I learned from the wonderful people here.

I feel like an expert, though I'm sure I have so much to learn. However I think research is the key to a great vacation.

Talk about OCD, I have an accordian file, with different catagory's, all for cruising. Cruise Doc's, Airline info, Hotel, Transportation, Shore excursions, Misc. info, future cruise info, packing list, countdown(what to do weeks before), items needed to buy, and so on. Itinerary on front cover, with info containing Res. #, cat, room #, and a day by day, where we'll be, and what is planned in each port.

I'am on these boards a least a few times a day :eek: . I'm a stay at home mom, so easy to do while kids are at school.

Please let me know when you find a good Therapist. I sooooo need one :D .

Thanks to the great people here,

Jessica ;)

My SIL called me the Drill Sgt on our trip to Disney and cruise. If you want to see everything at the parks, you get up early! It's the new family joke. I imagine she'll have a shirt up for me as a gift at XMas. "Drill Sgt".

Kim

Please add me to the OCC (obsessive, compulsive cruise) Club. I have yet to go on our first cruise, 23 day's and counting. But most of what I know, I learned from the wonderful people here.

I feel like an expert, though I'm sure I have so much to learn. However I think research is the key to a great vacation.

Talk about OCD, I have an accordian file, with different catagory's, all for cruising. Cruise Doc's, Airline info, Hotel, Transportation, Shore excursions, Misc. info, future cruise info, packing list, countdown(what to do weeks before), items needed to buy, and so on. Itinerary on front cover, with info containing Res. #, cat, room #, and a day by day, where we'll be, and what is planned in each port.

I'am on these boards a least a few times a day :eek: . I'm a stay at home mom, so easy to do while kids are at school.

Please let me know when you find a good Therapist. I sooooo need one :D .

Thanks to the great people here,

Jessica ;)

Jessica,

I REALLY admire your accordian file concept! I wish I could see it.

Count me in for the OCC club as well! Our first cruise begins April 29th on the Voyager and we booked it 15 months ago, so I've had a lot of time to obsess and plan. For a while, I was reading this site in secret because I didn't want dh to know. I was kind of pathetic planning so far ahead.

But now that our cruise is so close I feel justified in what I consider a part-time job-planning and research. My husband of almost 18 years has know that I have this affliction. He is more of a spontaneous person and abhors plannning anything, so he found that my research and planning was very bizarre and irritating. But now after a few poorly unplanned vacations and several perfectly excecuted vacations, he knows to just step aside and let me do my thing as long as I don't try to drag him into my sickness! I think he knew that my obsession for planning was a valuable thing when we went to Disney World several years ago and I circumvented long lines, timed our rides perfectly and used knowledge I learned from "The Unofficial Guide" book regarding 'lines to the far left are shorter and thus move faster'.

The down side of this is I spend far too much time on the computer and miss out on some surprises. I'm getting a little better though. Still, half the fun for me is before I even leave the house.

Chris

Havent generated enought income to cruise since 9/03 !:eek: But here I is in the middle of the morning reading threads and posting with nothing BOOKED ! :D

Wallie: Would take you on a cruise in a minute. Can you fit into a suitcase? Only hear they confiscate irons and liquor. Never heard of cruise lines confiscating pax in suitcases. :D

Dianne

I have an accordian file, with different catagory's, all for cruising. Cruise Doc's, Airline info, Hotel, Transportation, Shore excursions, Misc. info, future cruise info, packing list, countdown(what to do weeks before), items needed to buy, and so on. Itinerary on front cover, with info containing Res. #, cat, room #, and a day by day, where we'll be, and what is planned in each port.

Jessica ;)

I do a smiliar thing with a binder and pocket tabs. I'm glad I'm ot the only crazy one.

I am also obsessive about this site as I am with any trip I am taking. Some people think it is better not to plan but that is not me. I love to plan as much as I can in advance and really do feel like that the planning is fun too. I don't even have a cruise arranged until next summer but I am on every day anyway.

Wallie: Would take you on a cruise in a minute. Can you fit into a suitcase? Only hear they confiscate irons and liquor. Never heard of cruise lines confiscating pax in suitcases. :D

Dianne

Di I take that with the utmost of regard !:D but you would need another suit case for me to fit the wifester into !:rolleyes: just my luck the new 'non smuggling of pax' policy would start just before I make it thru the scanner! But the DD may be going back on ship the 1st of June. About 90% sure.

EW

Some people think it is better not to plan but that is not me. I love to plan as much as I can in advance and really do feel like that the planning is fun too.

I've never understood the people who take such pride in not planning. You buy a vacation like you buy a car or some other moderately expensive thing. I think you should ask as many questions as you can so that you get the full value available to you! I had a travel agent once who kind of glazed over after the third question and said we should come back when we knew what we want. That's why these boards are way more fun.

I've completely lost it, I think. I'm on this site every day. A lot! And yes, I do have a real job and everything. Clearly, I'm quite the multi-tasker!

Right now I have 3 cruises booked (the POA showing in my signature) but also the Monarch of the Seas in Feb 06 and the carnival Miracal in October of '06. There is absolutely no reason for me to be planning a single thing for the last two, and I'm pushing it with the one in October! I can't help myself, though.

The best part: My sister is actually a travel agent, but I know more about cruising than she does. Just this week I've planned trips for two sets of first-timers, and am working on another for someone else.

Somebody stop the madness!!!!!

At least planning and looking at this site don't cost money....or maybe it does. We [b][i]DO[/i][/b] have to buy excursions and all the nifty recommendations from others.

I don't even want to be cured, but if you're not a OCP (Obsessive Complusive Planner) you will never understand. At least that's what I tell hubby!

Maybe we should start our own club the OCP :D

Kim

Archived