Just Booked My Snorkel Trip With Blue Water Divers

torchd

For Wednesday, February 8th!!! Cannot wait.. Excited! We booked it for 9am.. I wish it would be a little later in teh day so the water would warm up a bit

Now I need to get my snorkel gear all ready and out of storage. Any tips for taking it out of storage, do I have to lube anyhting up lol? Last time I used it was in 2008 in St. Thomas, USVI.. Before I stored my gear I rinsed it off with fresh water and let it air dry

• 2 weeks later...

So all the reviews about this excursion were exactly on point. We were impressed with the ppl and the sense of comfort they gave u if it was ur first time snorkeling. I would recommend them to everyone n anyone who wants to do any kind of snorkeling on Grand Turks.

We did have to take a cab there and back n that cost $30(including tip) and that was not in any of the reviews. The cab drivers r very friendly n nice so it was not a problem at all.

So we rode out n got to see two beauitful reefs and then the wall. The water was warm n calm n the underwater life was amazing. We got a chance to see a nurse shark and barracudas. When we "jumped" the wall there was this 3ft maybe 3.5ft barracuda "stalking" one of the ladies we were snorkeling with. He was HUGE n looked hungry!! We even got to see some whales. Right as we were about to leave our guide got a call over his radio about some whales that were breeching the surface. Never seen a whale so close before. That is what I call a FREE BONUS!!

Pictures to come as soon as we can!!

The Grand Turk Island is small so if you are in the water anywhere around the wall diving you should be able to see the whales. This is whale watching season so you may be lucky to have some unforgettable moments!!! Even if you are not in the ocean you can also see the whales from the beach.

Archived