Single parent with child question

dadecitycruiser

We are taking a family cruise in May and my son will be taking his daughter with him. I seem to recall a form that the other parent should have completed and signed (Noterized?) for the other parent to take a child on a trip like this.

Does anyone out there know about this and have a link to a standard form/letter or suggestions on its content?

Thanks in advance;

DCC

Hi DCC

You can Google search (I used "Child travel notarized letter) and it came back with several samples. The site below is from about.com

http://travelwithkids.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=travelwithkids&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.singleparenttravel.net%2FWriting%2FDocumentation%2F

Also, is that Dade City Florida?? My grandparents lived there on Church Street. My aunt and uncle and a few cousins still live there. :)

nice link, sorry I missed it before typing up a letter yesterday my daughter and I.

I typed up a letter for my ex-husband to sign and get notarized so that it would be correct. The link above stated basically what I did, main thing is to have that the ex gives consent for child to travel with said parent. Make sure it has the ship name and travel dates. Also be very formal with names and put full legal names. Oh also be sure it gives consent for him to authorize any medical treatment that may be needed.

Hope this helps as welll

Archived