Travel options from Seward to anchorage, flight to Toronto @8pm

sweetem

In 2009 we ended a northbound cruise in Seward. In addition to the train and bus transfers to Anchorage, they offered an excursion which gave us about two hours of free time in Seward followed by a several hour Kenai Fjord cruise on Major Marine. We were then bused to Anchorage, with the buses organized to take some folks to the airport and the others to various hotels. It was a nice way to end the cruise.

Folks periodically ask about flying from Seward to Anchorage. At this point, none of the commuter airlines offer this service.

Hello,

What are the travel options from Seward to Anchorage in June ?

depart ship @ 8am

Thank you !!

You can hop a bus or take the train to Anchorage or even hire a private shuttle. You should have no problem. You must make these reservations in advance however.

We will be going from Anchorage to Seward.

The shuttle that goes to the wildlife preserve is not running or booked the day we need it.

The train looks interesting. What can we expect to view as we travel?

If we rent a car, how is the drive on the Seward Highway? I read somewhere about RVs going slow and creating a backup.

I am new to AK and appreciate all advice.

We will be going from Anchorage to Seward.

The shuttle that goes to the wildlife preserve is not running or booked the day we need it.

The train looks interesting. What can we expect to view as we travel?

If we rent a car, how is the drive on the Seward Highway? I read somewhere about RVs going slow and creating a backup.

I am new to AK and appreciate all advice.

You need to allow 3 hours for an Anchorage/Seward drive. The main consideration, is not to expect "freeway" driving. you may be slowed down in some sections. The only agency is Hertz, check availabity before you get firm plans. It is "scenery" you will see from the train, some of the best in Alaska. :)

Archived