NOLA Hotels SEC weekend?

tray

We are cruising out of NOLA March 10th, which I understand is the SEC playoff weekend. Everything is either booked or almost $500 (or hotels I'm not sure about......poor reviews, etc).

Has anyone had experience with hotel bookings during a big weekend like this? Do you think any rooms will open up (i.e.----people book 2 or 3 hotels until they decide which one they want, etc)----or do you think I'm stuck with New Orleans Convention Center (which is what I have booked right now)?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer! :D

March 10th is the third day of the SEC tourney, so a few teams will be eliminated by then. There's a chance you might pick up something last minute due to fans going home, but no guarantees.

Thanks! But I need the room on March 9th....which means even less of a chance. Gonna rethink cruising out of New Orleans in the future...too many things going on throughout the year that make hotels either unattainable (unless you book a year in advance) and/or $400/night. :(

Archived