scuba diving begginer.

les127

im on a cruise of the islands in dec ember and was wondering if it is possible to try scuba diving for the first time.i have never tried before but like the idea.not bothered which island that i do it.anyone any idea as to how much it would cost (approximately).thanks for any advice/help.regards leslie:)

Good Day. :) I myself am a beginner scuba diver. I am certified, but choose to do the beginner shore excursions to refresh my skills. You can take beginner trips almost anywhere. I was in Cozumel last October aboard the Dawn Princess and could book thru them. I'm not sure how the other cruiselines work. It seems that not all the cruiselines offer scuba diving, even though you are cruising the islands. My experience has been that most of these trips cost anywhere from $79-$129 depending on the type and location of the dive. I advise bringing your own snorkel and mask. You don't need anything expensive. They will be provided for you, but I like to take my own because I know that they will fit my face. Make sure you put your name on them, in permanent marker, to avoid getting lost. Don't bother packing your own dive fins, should you have them, as they will take up too much space in your luggage and will be provided to you anyway. I hope that helps a bit. Have a wonderful time swimmin' with the fishies!!! ;)

Hi Les

I have my OV brochure beside me and I've just had a quick look at the trips mentioned in it.

A few of the islands mention Scuba diving so I reckon the ship wil do tours, and hopefully training tours. You'll get prices off the OV site on 'Action Ashore'.

Do I remember correctly that you're on Barbados the week prior to the cruise?

If this is the case then maybe you'll have plenty opportunities to try and probably cheaper too.

I've been put off trying scuba after recently watching the film Open Water :rolleyes:

Archived