Shark Ray Alley Snorkeling- Belize

mpduquaine

The Wet Lizard and Coral Breeze both book tours on Hammerhead.

Here are lots of pictures from a Hammerhead tour:

04 - Wed, Nov 16, 2011, Belize - 8am-5pm

Page1 - Bridge, Tenders, Kicking up mud, Tendering, Ship from tender, Fort Street Tourism Village, Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorekling and Caye Caulker Excursion,

Page2 - Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Excursion, Snorkeling part, Green Moray, Shark/Ray part,

Page3 - Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Excursion, Sharks and Rays, Lunch on Caye Caulker, Tender back to ship

The tour company I was going to use in Belize for the Shark Ray Alley Snorkeling is full. Any recommendations? A quick response is appreciated.

Thank you

Michele

Here is a video from Hammerhead / Coral Breezes. Great excursion.

http://youtu.be/ErrOlz2BzJg

We also visited Shark Ray Alley (That video isn't done yet!)

Do they make you wear foam vests? I heard that they do. I dont like not being able to go below the surface.

They did. I am not a fan of it either, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. The say that all snorkelers have to wear them in the marine reserve because part of the reef we floated over was only about 1-1/2 feet below the surface and they do not want the guests to step on the coral, etc.

There is also an area that they take you to where the moray eel lives, and they do not want anyone diving down to antagonize it(besides one of their guides).

Archived