Crown Princess Review With Pictures 1/14-1/21 Long and Posted in Installments

Whimsy

[quote name='Whimsy']They no longer give you little bites of everything on the menu, it's more along a regular menu now but the food is VERY good and you are able to order more than one thing if you choose. DD and I both had soft shell crab and calamari as an appetizer and then we shared the calamari with others at the table. We had a great seafood soup they have always had, good breads, the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salads, a pasta, the entree, the dessert and then they even gave me another small birthday cake and sang. It was the perfect close to a wonderful week.

Either place you choose you know it's going to be good. You are like us, just happy to be there. :)

We were in the exact spot we were the last time we were at Eagle beach with you. Ashley tried to get someone to get her a coconut but no luck. Remember how they opened a coconut for us and we had it on the beach?[/quote]
Yes I do remember that! LOL That's the freshest coconut you can ever get!
Now I'm thinking Sabatinis for birthday dinner. :confused: Had a great Chilean Sea Bass dish there last March.
Really enjoyed your review and pictures.
Patty

There were only 2 chairs and a table on our balcony which I found odd. Usually the balconies have 4 chairs. There was a box though that held a balcony table that went the whole week on our balcony and never was assembled. We joked that maybe DH should ask for a screwdriver and put it together for them. There was another one just like ours on the balcony of E729. We even asked the steward to remove it one day when we had a large gathering. He did remove it but it was brought back to again the next day. Just strange that it would go so long without being assembled. Nothing like traveling with a cardboard box on your balcony for a week.

CrownPrincess50thBirthdayCruise717.jpg

HAHA This is too funny. Did anyone ever say anything about why it was just sitting there? Did you go to the pursers desk to tell them this was on your balcony?

HAHA This is too funny. Did anyone ever say anything about why it was just sitting there? Did you go to the pursers desk to tell them this was on your balcony?

Actually I did. I asked them if they could please do something with it for our balcony breakfast as I figured space was going to be at a premium. It went away for a day or two and then showed back up in the box. Still was there when we left. I actually took a photo of it the morning we were pulling back into FLL. It traveled the whole way with us.

I wonder if someone is in E731 if they could report and let us know if anyone ever assembled that table. LOL! There was another box just like it on the balcony of E729.

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are sailing on the Crown in March (first time on Princess) and I thorougly enjoyed your tails.

One question - we are wondering about taking alcohol on board. I cannot seem to find any info about it. Did you take alcohol on board with you? What is their policy?

Thanks again and happy belated birthday to you!

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are sailing on the Crown in March (first time on Princess) and I thorougly enjoyed your tails.

One question - we are wondering about taking alcohol on board. I cannot seem to find any info about it. Did you take alcohol on board with you? What is their policy?

Thanks again and happy belated birthday to you!

We brought along 3 bottle of wine, a 12 pack of beer and an 8 pack of Diet Coke for in the room. We put it all thru our carry on, no problem, it went thru just fine.

Archived