Long Beach Cruise Terminal to Marina Del Ray

lenorjen

Hi there ...have had some great help on this board and hope someone can now solve my next problem for me....what is the best way to get from the Port to Marina Del Rey.....I do not really want to hire a car ......cheers Jenny

Hi there ...have had some great help on this board and hope someone can now solve my next problem for me....what is the best way to get from the Port to Marina Del Rey.....I do not really want to hire a car ......cheers Jenny

"Best way" can mean different things to differnet people...

Short of hiring a car, the most economical way within reason would be to use one of the shuttle services (ie Super Shuttle, PrimeTime Shuttle, etc.)...They will put you in a shared van for a reasonable price...If there is a drawback, it's that you may have to wait until they fill the van and may have to make other stops to drop off others on you way to your hotel...

The "best way" to many might be to go with a Limo service...but also the most expensive way...But the car will be all yours and will take you directly...

Los Angeles' Rapid Transit system (fixed rail, buses, et al) really doesn't have a reasonable option to get from Long Beach to Marina Del Rey...It would be cheap, but totally impractical with the number of changes and stops, especially with luggage...

So, basically, if budget is a concern, go with a shuttle company...

https://reservations.supershuttle.com/Default.aspx?content=Rate

https://primetimeshuttle.hudsonltd.net/res

Should be about $50-55 one way for two people...

Hi Bruin Steve

Yes I have looked at all the options and I think definately a Limo is going to be the best ....I really don't want to waste a lot of time doing drop offs while on our way in a Shuttle ....a Hire Car would probably have been the convenient ...but on our last trip to the US we hired a vehicle in Orlando while there for a few days and drove it down to FLL....I was very nervous and don't think I could do it again...so Limo looks the best....will source out whats available....thankyou once again for your help....Cheers Jenny

"Best way" can mean different things to differnet people...

Short of hiring a car, the most economical way within reason would be to use one of the shuttle services (ie Super Shuttle, PrimeTime Shuttle, etc.)...They will put you in a shared van for a reasonable price...If there is a drawback, it's that you may have to wait until they fill the van and may have to make other stops to drop off others on you way to your hotel...

The "best way" to many might be to go with a Limo service...but also the most expensive way...But the car will be all yours and will take you directly...

Los Angeles' Rapid Transit system (fixed rail, buses, et al) really doesn't have a reasonable option to get from Long Beach to Marina Del Rey...It would be cheap, but totally impractical with the number of changes and stops, especially with luggage...

So, basically, if budget is a concern, go with a shuttle company...

https://reservations.supershuttle.com/Default.aspx?content=Rate

https://primetimeshuttle.hudsonltd.net/res

Should be about $50-55 one way for two people...

Hi there....

I was looking a Prime Shuttle and perhaps hiring a Limo....but you have made me rethink now and see what else is available....do you know of any reliable Limo/Shuttle services ...

Cheers Jenny

I have to mention that I had a major problem with Prime Time Shuttle (no' date=' I'm not going to forget that they messed up on both ends of our booking -- despite having an email confirmation that showed the correct info). Not reliable in my book.[/quote']

Hi there....

I was looking a Prime Shuttle and perhaps hiring a Limo....but you have made me rethink now and see what else is available....do you know of any reliable Limo/Shuttle services ...

Cheers Jenny

Jenny,

There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of limo companies servicing the LA area...and it can be hit or miss...seems to help if you are a "regular" customer...We've had some questionable experiences...

Some of the shuttle companies also provide limos as well...

Super Shuttle calls theirs "Execucar"...and when you use their site for a price quote, they will, aside form the shared shuttle, give you a quote for a private van or for a private limo...

We generally use a company called RoadRunner ...

http://www.rrshuttle.com/index.html

They are very good...But they are based out in our direction...Prices with limos often vary depending on where the company is based and where you are going...since they may have to send the car farther from the home base...

I have to mention that I had a major problem with Prime Time Shuttle (no' date=' I'm not going to forget that they messed up on both ends of our booking -- despite having an email confirmation that showed the correct info). Not reliable in my book.[/quote']

I have to mention that I had problems with Super Shuttle.

Printime has been very reliable for me.

I see that CruisenCheck has added the emial bit since she started posting everyday about her one bad experience.

Hi Bruin Steve...

Yes... there are hundreds of shuttle services out there ...but the main mentioned seem to be Supershuttle and Prime ...both of which have lots of negative feedback ...but if they are in the majority dealing with the vast numbers .. no doubt they will appear to have more problems ...all that side I had a look at RoadRunner ...impressed they won a Small Business Award...perhaps they owe that to the fact they are smaller and can concentrate on their service more individually ...so think I will keep them in No1 position ......I will probably book before I leave Australia and contact them again in the US and confirm all arrangements are then OK ....I have just about covered all my transport issues...just down to the last couple of days in Marina del Rey...and will head down on a tour to San Diego.....I am running out of days ...with too much to cover....thanks again ...cheers Jenny

Jenny,

There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of limo companies servicing the LA area...and it can be hit or miss...seems to help if you are a "regular" customer...We've had some questionable experiences...

Some of the shuttle companies also provide limos as well...

Super Shuttle calls theirs "Execucar"...and when you use their site for a price quote, they will, aside form the shared shuttle, give you a quote for a private van or for a private limo...

We generally use a company called RoadRunner ...

http://www.rrshuttle.com/index.html

They are very good...But they are based out in our direction...Prices with limos often vary depending on where the company is based and where you are going...since they may have to send the car farther from the home base...

Hi there....yes.. I have read quite a few negative comments in regard to SupperShuttle and also Prime ...so I may re-consider both....Bruin Steve just let me know about Road Runner and perhaps will go with them ....the last thing you need are transport problems.....thankyou for your advice......it really confirms my initial doubts with SS & Prime...cheers Jenny

I see that CruisenCheck has added the emial bit since she started posting everyday about her one bad experience.

The reason I added the mention re the confirmation email is that you had suggested a few weeks ago that I had made the mistake when booking the pickups, which was not the case. The confirmation email had the right info. Somehow whoever does the scheduling of vans at PT made the mistake of listing the pickup of my family wrong on the first day. And then did the same on the second pickup. It would seem to me (as someone who used to work years for a company that pride itself on reputation and customer service) that once the first mistake was made and a supervisor had to get involved, that the supervisor would have made doubly sure that my second pickup was correct.

And don't forget that many of us here on Cruise Critic are giving our recommendations concerning cruises, itineraries, hotels and even ground transportation so that those who aren't sure about those matters can get good info. I'm usually very easy going, but we (my hubby and I) thought the service we had received last year was below par. We didn't have any complaints about our actual cruise. In fact, I usually recommend the ship and the itinerary several times every week here and on other cruising sites. But when I see a mention of a company that seems to be lacking in the area of customer service, I would feel I'm letting down the newbies here. I know that the next time we decide to use a car service for the LA area, I will search these threads and get quotes from companies, other than Supershuttle and Prime Time Shuttle, mentioned.

Hi Cruisin"Chick.....thankyou ...you have confirmed that I will look further afield than SS and Primetime ...I have read many negs in regard to these 2 companies....so I think I may take Bruin Steve recommendations of Road Runner......it's very hard when you don't know the territory over there...so I do appreciate your comments...this site has helped me sooo much ....thanks again....cheers Jenny

Archived