Ixtapa/zihuatanejo

AUNTDEBBA

Ixtapa has many good restraurants and fantastic sunsets. I spent a week there a few years ago and basically stayed on the beach and in the water all week.

Great fishing we got 2 mahi mahi and a sailfish one morning dolphins were swimming near our boat.

Z-what is a 10 minute bus ride away it is a little fishing village. It has lots of little shops and waterfront cafes. The beach a 3 minute boat ride has good snorkling.

Enjoy

We are on a cruise basically we are in port from 7:00 am to 2:00 PM but this is a tender port so figure we really have from 9:00 to 1:00 pm with only 4 hours what would be the not to be missed things to do or with only four hours the one thing not to miss?

Zihua is my all time favorite port. We have been there twice and are planning a land based vacation there for next Feb.

Even though the time in port is short, we took the water taxi ($3pp/round trip)to Playa Las Gatas for three hours and then walked around the village to do some shopping. Last time we took a cab to Ixtapa to look around. There are beautiful beaches and hotels there, but I like the charm of Zihua.

It is still unspoiled and there are no time-share sharks biting you every few steps. I hope the influx of cruise ship dollars doesn't wreck the charm of this area. One attached picture is of the Dawn Princess in port, the other is me (no make-up-yikes!)on a typical street. You will enjoy your few hours here!:D

pic036.jpg.4050b7d525ddaf46fd618df60c1599ab.jpg

pic037.jpg.e03550cc9468743f47863a0fd9186094.jpg

Karfest

Great pictures! So the beach and town is in Z? How far are Z and Ix from each other?

Thanks for the info it's hard to get information on these ports as I assume they are just opening up for cruisers

We loved Z! Got off the tender, turned right and walked through little town, down to palapas on the beach, swam in the beautiful water, walked down the beach, swam again, while enjoying a few beers and snacks at the tables right on the beach. You can watch the fishermen from there also. Ixtapa is really just a resort town built for tourists. We enjoyed Z

The little town is Zihua- the resort city is Ixtapa. I think it was about a 10 minute drive by taxi. There are some beautiful hotels and beaches that will take day visitors in Ixtapa, but I also prefer Z. Very quaint village, really nice people.

It is a very relaxing port after the "excitement" of Acapulco or Puerto Vallarta.

Enjoy:D

Archived