Disney Virgin - some basics questions

lee101224

Hi all ,

We have never cruised Disney before , but whilst I am a fan of Disney , my wife and daughter ( even tho she is only 2 ) are Disney Fanatics .... Hence the desire to try a Disney cruise .

We have cruised RCCL once and NCL 3 times .

We are currently priced out of the US cruises due to high flight costs , but are look at the MED trips in AUG 2013 on the magic .

Is it cheaper to book this early - currently being quoted around £1500 cruises only for a 4 night break ( for the 3 of us ) , if the price drops do Disney do anything? Such as credit , etc ?

Will a 3 year old be ok in the kids club , I read it's 3-10 year olds , quite a wide range , are they just left to occupy themselves or are the activities organised.

Any other little bites of info that a Disney convert should know would be welcome .

thanks

You will love Disney with a three year old. Disney is basically the world leader in entertaining kids. As long as s/he likes to be with other kids you will likely have to drag them away from the kids club. They even feed the kids unlike other lines so you eat as adults some meals. They don't take them into water but short of that there's every kind of activity you can imagine. One tips is to look at the kids daily news (the navigator) to tell where they are when because they take them all over.

I can help you with some of this.

yes. The earlier you book, the cheaper the price. I cant swear to it, but if the price goes down, you do get a refund. In the past, the port taxes have changed on several of our cruises, and we have gotten money back in our account from it.

As far as your daughter, I havent heard of any real problems with the clubs. Typically they are organised with different activites throughout the day. They arent just left to themselves unless they want to be. Even then a staff member is in that imediate area.

Try this link. Its something I put to gether from experience, and from tips on different boards.

I can help you with some of this.

Try this link. Its something I put to gether from experience, and from tips on different boards.

Thanks for the link. Lots of excellent information there. We have cruised before but not Disney. We are planning a June 2013 with our daughter, son-in-law and grandson so all of the information that I can find is extremely helpful.

Archived