Just returned Noordam Jan 13-23

mountainmare

We were rather shocked when we hit sand at HMC. It was so crowded, but, we just kept on walking and the beach was empty. Same sand, same water, but everyone was all packed in at one area. Plenty of natural shade too. Tons and tons of lounge chairs also. Will say that when we went to eat at the bbq, it was super crowded and not that many places to sit. We went back to the ship. When we were at our hotel prior to getting onboard the ship, I snagged a couple of bottles of water and whenever we went ashore, took them with (kept refilling them). Glad we did.

With both ships in port, there was NO WAY wanted to deal with either the island or the lines for the mediocre bbq. Even when my ship is the only one in port I no longer have the patience for the lunch lines. There were alot of people who stayed on board - the aft pool was fairly busy that day! I felt bad for the people caught in that brief but cold rain out on the island.

It seems this itinerary will always share Half Moon Cay with Nieuw Amsterdam since Noordam sails on Fridays with HMC being the first stop and Nieue Amsterdam does a weekly Sunday sailing with their last stop (Sat) being HMC. For their passengers, they alternate - one week they share with us but the other week they might have the island to themselves.

Sue/WDW1972

Noordam 11/16/12 (yes, doing it again)

Ryndam 3/3/13

DCL Dream 11/10/13

Archived