Passport question

cgoingmom

Every cruise I have been on they collect the passports when you board. They get them stamped in each country and return them to you when you disembark. I have so many stamps I had to send my passport in for additional pages as it was all filled up.

Every cruise I have been on they collect the passports when you board. They get them stamped in each country and return them to you when you disembark. I have so many stamps I had to send my passport in for additional pages as it was all filled up.

Carol,

do you do exotic cruises or European cruises? I've cruised about 3 times since I got my passport. Nobody ever collected it nor did it ever get a stamp.

Bill

We just returned from the Panama Canal Eastern Sailing. Our passports were never collected or stamped. The only time we have gotten stamps from different countries on our passport was when we cruised to places like Australia or Tahiti, Asia..............................places like that.

I have done the Orient, Middle East, Europe, the Baltic and just did South America on cruises. They always stamp the passport. In some countries they have to pass out our passport so we have it with us. St. Petersburg comes to mind. The Russian customs folks, looking so very Russian in their green uniforms with red trim would check their info against our passports and stamped the very last page in the passport. Most of the stamps had either an airplane or ship on them indicating how you got in or out of the country. Other countries they give you a card that gives you permission to enter the country so the ship does not have to pass out the passports. It is really a pretty slick system because the customs agent can come aboard while we are still sleeping and stamp all the passports. You always see them in the Horizon Court or Lido having breakfast when they are done. Sometimes they have gov't representives aboard selling postage stamps and postcards which they will mail for you

The only time I don't get my passport stamped is when I go down to Puerto Nuevo in Mexico for lobster and Margaritas for lunch! Again next week!

• 2 weeks later...

What about EU countries on the Baltic cruises? When you cruise from one to the other do you get stamped? Of course Russia does since they are not part of the EU. Aren't Poland and Estonia now members?

We did a Med cruise three years ago and the only stamp we got was on our arrival in Barcelona and it was of course an EU stamp.South America though they stamped everything!

Archived