Have you taken an "immersion" cruise in Brazil?

Artemis

I posted this question to the Royal Caribbean forum because we are looking hard at taking RCI's Splendour OTS in March on a 7n roundtrip out of Sao Paulo with stops in Punta del Este, Buenos Aires and Montevideo. I just realized I may get more feedback if I post here, too.

So...thanks for looking at this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1559314 -- if you can offer any information and tips, I hope you'll contribute!

Hello!

I do a cruise from Santos as a minority. We are from Argentina and then had 98% of Brazilians in the boat! It was really overwhelming!

My cruise was with MSC and the crew was 30% Brazilian.

I can tell you some general things that may or may not be different with Royal Caribbean.

Food: The traditional options, plus two or three local food items.

In the buffet there are many people in the breakfast. They stay up late, but at the morning, buffet was full. Hours of coffee and breakfast beginning at 7 am.

At dinnertime, the buffet was a crowd every night. They do not use much the main dining room (it seems). Repeatedly called the passengers on the 1º seatting of dinner to come over the main dining room! Dinner Hours: 7.30 pm and 10 pm.

Smoking: Due to Brazilian legislation, while the ship is in port can not smoke in public settings. They placed posters in bars and other places to remind this at the passengers.

With regard to the language all the activities are in Portuguese! The muscial shows in the theater were in English.

These considerations are just made ​​my cruise with MSC, Royal perhaps not have so many Brazilian crew (since it's choice of captain, and the capitan of the MSC Orchestra loves Brazil).

For us it was a great experience, shocking, but a nice experience.

Anything else you want to ask ...

Hope this hellp you.

Hi, argentinita! Thank you so much for telling me about your Brazilian cruise. It hadn't crossed my mind that some Argentine guests would join the fun, but of course, it makes sense! I'd guess there will probably be a few from Uruguay and Paraguay, too.

I love the way you say it was "shocking, but a nice experience!" :)

We were attracted to this itinerary for the key reason it includes 2 full days and 1 night in Buenos Aires. Our window for travel is too short to do a proper land trip to Argentina this time; so even though a cruise stop would only give us a taste of Argentina through BA, we know we would make the most of every minute in your capital city!

Thanks, again. Happy cruising!

Archived