On board booking discount?

Kissing Seahorses

I will be sailing on my first Oceania cruise in the near future and am already contemplating a future cruise, Is possible to and is there an advantage to booking onboard? If so, will my TA get her commission? What is the amount of the discount and do I have to make it for a specific cruise or may I make it an "open" booking?

I will be sailing on my first Oceania cruise in the near future and am already contemplating a future cruise, Is possible to and is there an advantage to booking onboard? If so, will my TA get her commission? What is the amount of the discount and do I have to make it for a specific cruise or may I make it an "open" booking?

You'll need to put down a $500 per person deposit if you are booking a standard room for a specific cruise. Suites require a deposit of 10%., and the discount, whatever accommodations you book, will vary from 5% to 10%.

One may also purchase a Future Cruise Certificate, good for two years for $750 per person, which will get you a discount of 5%.

Any of these options may be transferred to the Agent of your choice, whenever you make the designation.

Hope that this helped~

Jim and Stan, Thank you very much, I figured there was some type of on board booking discount but I couldn't find the information in anything I had access to....I am currently considering a cruise in the Med on the Riviera in August, this will help to figure out the potential costs in advance, thanks, again.

I assume that with the Future Cruise Certificate option, that the $750 will be applied as a deposit of the cruise we eventually choose, correct?

I assume that with the Future Cruise Certificate option, that the $750 will be applied as a deposit of the cruise we eventually choose, correct?

That is correct, the $750 would be your deposit, providing that you haven't booked a Suite, in which case you would need to pony up the difference.

Enjoy your planning, I envy you!

You can ever "rebook" an existing cruise while on board for the discount. I have done this twice and the only requirement is that a cabin in the same class must be available. It wouldn't work for a sold out or wait-listed cruise. You will become addicted on your first O cruise!

last year we did 3 cruises back to back on marina, 2 of them they offered the 5% against future bookings and the other cruise they offered 10%, we booked 3 more cruises including the riviera maiden. we will see when we go on that lol

Archived