Costa Concordia SINKING!

cruiserfanfromct

Couple of things to note from your link.

The aunt of the dancer denies her neice was the Captain's "lover." Yet she does not deny that the luggage and personal items found in his stateroom belonged to her neice. Again it goes to *perspective* which in turn leads to speculation.

Another thing I noticed is that unlike the Reuter's link I saw this morning, they claim the court has not ruled as yet whether the Captain stays home or goes back to jail.

Just before posting this, I went back to the report and Reuter's still has the story as it was linked earlier. I can't find a second source to back up the claim.

Not sure what you are referring to Reuter's V the link I posted?? You are looking for a second source to back up what?? The link I posted was merely to point out that they are holding a Mass, it does also say that the court will decide Thursday re: Captain.

Hmm--don't know about that one (being phoroshopped), but in any case, it's not as bad as those ships navigating through the rocks earlier!

Whether photoshopped or not I'm sure it has the wife wondering, especially if she read about the stuff being found in his room. Wonder what his reply was to her " it all just fell in there..honest"

Here is a 5th Estate reporter being interviewed on the news in Canada. He claims Schettino turned off all the alarms when he put the ship on manual. Does anyone know if this is correct? Are there other sources that claim the same?

http://www.courier-journal.com/VideoNetwork/1432023551001/Piecing-Together-the-Costa-Concordia-Disaster

Here is a 5th Estate reporter being interviewed on the news in Canada. He claims Schettino turned off all the alarms when he put the ship on manual. Does anyone know if this is correct? Are there other sources that claim the same?

http://www.courier-journal.com/VideoNetwork/1432023551001/Piecing-Together-the-Costa-Concordia-Disaster

It was also on the show the other night...but I also remembering reading from a few sources when this all happened in January that it was stated it was switched to manual???

FWIW - from today's Repubblica - don't think it was photoshopped but who knows!

http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/02/07/foto/schettino-domnica_su_chi_le_foto_della_coppia_a_cena-29480369/1/

Follow up to your link is this one I just saw.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9067136/Costa-Concordia-cruise-captain-dined-on-crab-and-oysters-with-dancer.html

Not sure what you are referring to Reuter's V the link I posted?? You are looking for a second source to back up what?? The link I posted was merely to point out that they are holding a Mass, it does also say that the court will decide Thursday re: Captain.

I had the Reuter's link in my post 534. I was comparing a link you had posted with a difference in the one I posted about the court. Reuter's claims that the court has decided where your link claims it will not decide until Thursday.

To further that court business, the link I just added in this post says the court has decided he stays under house arrest.

Thanks for this link. I guess more photos are going to be published tomorrow according to the article so we'll see.

As for Thursday - I think there was an article that stated the judge had until Thursday to make a decision but I believe the decision was made today for Schettino to remain under house arrest.

Must be hell for him to remain in the house while all these photos are coming out..... :eek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9067136/Costa-Concordia-cruise-captain-dined-on-crab-and-oysters-with-dancer.html

I had the Reuter's link in my post 534. I was comparing a link you had posted with a difference in the one I posted about the court. Reuter's claims that the court has decided where your link claims it will not decide until Thursday.

To further that court business, the link I just added in this post says the court has decided he stays under house arrest.

Thanks for letting us know. Get better Joanie - we miss you!!! Come back soon!!!

Maybe a bit off topic but some of you may wish to look at the HAL board, in particular the thread entitled 'prayers for IRL Joanie'. Just thought some of you would wish to read it.

Sorry to interrupt.

Well at least he is free!! Now he has to deal with his wife and daughter while being lock in the house...

along my travels I discovered Schettino appears to be Italian for roller-skate.:D

An odd surname to us, but it made me smile.

I suppose it would be more apt if he were called Captain 'skating on thin ice' rather than Captain Roller-skate, but I suppose we can't have everything.:)

Maybe a bit off topic but some of you may wish to look at the HAL board, in particular the thread entitled 'prayers for IRL Joanie'. Just thought some of you would wish to read it.

Sending you positive thoughts, Joanie. You're a survivor...you'll get through no matter what.

FWIW - from today's Repubblica - don't think it was photoshopped but who knows!

http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/02/07/foto/schettino-domnica_su_chi_le_foto_della_coppia_a_cena-29480369/1/

Eeek! It's her,..again, ... 'the blonde'. did he make any move anywhere without her? Was the maitre d' hovering out of camera shot waiting to serve the wine, ...... & the purser nearby in readiness to pay their bill? Or,.... were they alone??

Eeek! It's her,..again, ... 'the blonde'. did he make any move anywhere without her? Was the maitre d' hovering out of camera shot waiting to serve the wine, ...... & the purser nearby in readiness to pay their bill? Or,.... were they alone??

They could have at least photoshopped some epaulettes on his shirt! They did a bad job on her face, too...she'd have to have a neck like a snake.

If you're going to do it, do it right!

Oh, I wish I could find the Oggi article!

Here it is:

http://www.oggi.it/focus/cronaca/2012/02/07/costa-concordia-domnica-cemortan-non-sono-lamante-di-schettino/

Apparently the latest rumor in Italy (it's in the article above) is that Schettino fathered her 2 year old child. That house arrest is going to be pretty tough on the captain. We don't hear a peep out of his wife anymore......

Here it is:

http://www.oggi.it/focus/cronaca/2012/02/07/costa-concordia-domnica-cemortan-non-sono-lamante-di-schettino/

Apparently the latest rumor in Italy (it's in the article above) is that Schettino fathered her 2 year old child. That house arrest is going to be pretty tough on the captain. We don't hear a peep out of his wife anymore......

Thanks for the link! Even in Google-English, it was pretty interesting. According to the article, she says they didn't even ask her about any clothing in the cabin, just about what happened on the bridge. She seems pretty angry about the rumours. She also said that she checked her luggage like any other passenger, to be delivered to her cabin. I had wondered about that.

I have a feeling that all is still peaceful at the Schettino residence.

Here it is:

Well even if these articles are over playing their "relationship" and this and that isn't all true. One question does remain, at least in my mind as a wife...what the heck was he doing with her at all??? She was not staff on this trip, nor a relative and she was not an important figure that he had to entertain for Costa etc. She was a 25 yr old girl, that was seen dinning with him amoung other reports. He was simply up to no good....I would be making his house arrest a living nightmare..he is probably wishing he was in jail.

I have a feeling that all is still peaceful at the Schettino residence.

I hope you're right about that. His wife is certainly not defending him like she was last week. Tomorrow more photos of Schettino and Domnica are to be published. We'll just have to wait and see.....

I just read on the HAL board that Joanie got some good news. <and there was great rejoicing!>

Just wanted to say thank you to erveyone. Proves to me just how big a family we are here at Cruise Critic!!

News is good:)

Tomorrow I am going to start see how good I can photoshop the Blonde and Schettino together:D:D:D

Joanie

Welcome back Joanie! Glad everything is working out for you. Yipee we can have a photoshop contest tomorrow!

Just wanted to say thank you to erveyone. Proves to me just how big a family we are here at Cruise Critic!!

Tomorrow I am going to start see how good I can photoshop the Blonde and Schettino together:D:D:D

Joanie

Joanie

Very glad to hear that things are looking better for you. We need you back at the table. Daveyjones is giving me a difficult time:( and I'm hoping that Charlie will get back on board and post about external monitoring of the bridge to take the heat off me.

Next we'll see a photoshopped pic of Milaandra and myself and that will send Daveyjones into a real spin:D

Trouble with photos being used to prove or disprove anything now is very questionable with so much deception being done with "photoshop" type applications.

How would she know about the alarm system? Makes me wonder how much she had been up on the bridge.

Joanie

Welcome back Joanie! Of course I never met you, but have become a junkie of this discussion and valued your input. Like many others here I prefer thinking about this I am semi-retired and do not want to spend my time in front of the TV, drinking my home brew, and waiting to die. Get well soon. John

Archived