Hyatt Pier 66

PartyBoat12

Hello, new here and this is my first cruise as well. I won the Hyatt Pier 66 off Hotwire. I contacted the hotel in hopes that I would get an upgrade to the tower as it has the best reviews. I however was told I would only be upgraded to west lanai rooms pool view? Does anyone know anything about these rooms? Also is there anything in walking distance such as restaurants or stores?

Thanks

Newbi

Hello, new here and this is my first cruise as well. I won the Hyatt Pier 66 off Hotwire. I contacted the hotel in hopes that I would get an upgrade to the tower as it has the best reviews. I however was told I would only be upgraded to west lanai rooms pool view? Does anyone know anything about these rooms? Also is there anything in walking distance such as restaurants or stores?

Thanks

Newbi

Tons of restaurants and shopping within walking distance and the Hyatt is a water taxi stop so you can take the water taxi over to Las Olas for even more dining.

http://www.watertaxi.com/watertaxi/express/maps-stops-express/

Thanks for the information. Do you know anything about the lanai rooms? I have read some bad reviews about the hotel so I'm a bit worried.

Yes, they are kind of on the large side and very comfortable. I love the Hyatt. Haven't stayed there in a few years but since I sold my home we may stay again. Have attended many parties, Bar and Bat Mitvahs, and receptions there.

We were just there in November for the 2nd time in a year. We always get those rooms and are so happy. They are right off the pool and so much more convenient. The rooms have been redone and are very nice, so large, with comfy beds. The water taxi is right down stairs as the restaurants are a little bit of a walk to get to. The water taxi was $11 per person. If you are driving the parking is a little steep, it was $25 per night with in out rights.

I LOVED the Hyatt 66. The hubby and I booked that off of priceline and received a great deal. This was for Jan 7 2012. I remember booking them then I tried to call and upgrade to the tower room and they told me I would have to wait until I checked in to request the upgrade. The upgrade was $40 but it was worth it. I've never stayed in the lanai rooms so I don't know how they were. I would try to check in as early as I could so they have a better opportunity. I'm not sure if this would make a difference but it might.

You can take advantage of the water taxi which is near the hotel (where you can enjoy looking at the beautiful gorgeous Yachts). The water taxi cost $20 for all day pp, and you can get on or off as many times as you want. I also found that you can get a better price taking it at 5 pm for $10 pp. The hubby and I hoped on it to go to one of the many places to eat around there. They even give you a little tour of the canals with all of the lovely and expensive homes in the area.

They Hyatt also a few places to eat on site. They are kind of high but there is one that's a little more reasonable just next to the water taxi stand. The food is great and you can watch all of the ships/boats as well.

I have to say that the staff at the Hyatt was wonderful. We had an excellent view of the canal from the 13th floor. What a way to celebrate our 25th anniversary. :D

Archived