Weather in Caribbean

C at Sea

Anyone back from the Caribbean? Whats the weather like?

We are off to join Azura in a couple of weeks and I've looked at forecasts and it just says rain! :(

Been a couple of times before at this time of year and there was very little rain, hardly any, but forecasts seem to indicate a lot of rain at the moment.Obviously its a lot warmer than here I know! I also realise that there's often a shower which quickly dries up but the forecast gave the impression of more prolonged rain.

Not trying to be cheeky here but if as you say you have been to the Caribbean before, you will know the unpredictability of the weather on a daily basis, let alone a weekly basis...

Not sure if people having had good or bad weather recently will mean you get either good or bad to be honest :confused:

I do hope of course you get glorious weather...:cool:

When you check the weather, I'm assuming you are checking with a website such as weather.com. Look at the percentage chances of rain. The Caribbean is in the tropics where it is not uncommon for it to rain daily. Just like Florida, you may get a shower at some point in time during the day and then it passes and the rest of the day is beautiful.

The weather in the Caribbean and in South Florida (where I live) is extremely unpredictable. It can be raining one minute and then be bright and sunny the next. It is in the 80's right now but I would bring a light jacket just in case.

Have fun!!

I really have to get back on P&O. I miss it.

Thanks for replies! I hope we get glorious weather too!

As I said in op, I know it can be unpredictable (tho must say last 2 times there we haven't experienced this, just hot and dry)

It was just that the weather forecasts seem to imply constant rain. I must have been reading them wrongly!

I was just enquiring as to the experience of people who'd recently been there - weather can be freakish everywhere!

Archived