Booked first sort-of-solo cruise!

Aurori

Solo cruise booked for Western Caribbean on Carnival Magic for Feb 26!

I say "sort of" in the title because while I am booked alone, my girlfriend is a bartender on the Magic, so I won't technically be cruising alone. We are not sure what her schedule will be like by then, so lots of things are still up in the air. Like how ridiculous will I look on formal night, in my suit, sitting at a table for two all by myself! Also, I wonder how many people will view me as a creepy stalker when I'm loitering by the "Crew Only" bar entrance in the back of the show lounge every night. Haha.

This is my 8th cruise, first solo. Feels a bit different, but I am also very excited! Love new experiences, and this is certain to be unforgettable.

Are you doing assigned seating or MTD? Either way in order not to have to dine by yourself (unless you want to) asked to be sat a large table. I have been at tables with everyone from younger to older and have always found something to talk about with someone. When your girlfriend is able to join you then go to the Italian Rest. or Steakhouse for some alone time.

You will really enjoy the Magic. I was on the first cruise out of Galveston and she is a beautiful ship. Was your girlfriend on her then? All the crew are so friendly and went out of their way to make sure everyone was happy. Love the Red Frog Pub.

I have assigned seating right now. When I get on board I planned on seeing the Maitre'd to see if I could get a table for two. We are already planning on going to the steakhouse one night, but if she had additional nights off available with me I was just going to take her to the dining room. I guess if I get stood up a few nights, dining alone wouldn't be too horrible. I just hope it's not a formal night, I look awesome in my suit :D There is an italian restaurant on the Magic too? Is that reservation only like the Steakhouse, or like the Pasta bar on the Dream?

My girlfriend wasn't on the Magic when you cruised. She didn't start until Jan 15th. Prior to that she was on the Dream from April to October.

I would recommend "my time" dining as you can request table for 2 or to join larger table depending on your mood and circumstances each night. You would also be able to adjust your time of dining to her work schedule which might make it possible for you two to spend more time together.:D

Yes the Magic has a Pasta restaurant. For lunch you do not need reservations and it is free. For dinner you do need reservations and I think it is $12. It is very very good. You need to do it both for lunch and dinner.

I would do MTD, that way on the evenings your girlfriend is not able to join you if you like you could sit with other people. You really can meet some nice people this way. Also it would be easy to work around your girlfriend's schedule.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes the Magic has a Pasta restaurant. For lunch you do not need reservations and it is free. For dinner you do need reservations and I think it is $12. It is very very good. You need to do it both for lunch and dinner.

I would do MTD, that way on the evenings your girlfriend is not able to join you if you like you could sit with other people. You really can meet some nice people this way. Also it would be easy to work around your girlfriend's schedule.

Good idea. I did switch to MTD. We'll see how it goes. Right now the Magic is short bartenders so I am not exactly sure how much time off they will allow her to take. *Crossing fingers*.

Archived