Port shuttle in Zeebrugge

GACRUISER456

Has anyone docked here on an Azamara itinerary? Since they provide complimentary port shuttles and Brugge is only about 7 - 8 miles away, I am wondering if their shuttle will take you all the way into Brugge or just to the train station in Zeebrugge? We are stopping here on our upcoming May itinerary and I'm wondering if I need to plan on a train ride from the port town.

Thanks!

Has anyone docked here on an Azamara itinerary? Since they provide complimentary port shuttles and Brugge is only about 7 - 8 miles away, I am wondering if their shuttle will take you all the way into Brugge or just to the train station in Zeebrugge? We are stopping here on our upcoming May itinerary and I'm wondering if I need to plan on a train ride from the port town.

Thanks!

I had this same question re: our London stop, so I called the Le Club Voyage desk and the representative was very helpful. You should give this a try and please report back, with your findings.:)

We were on a Holland America cruise in May 2011, and there was a free shuttle bus which took us to the Blankenburge train station. I do not know whether it was from HAL or the city provided it.

Brugge is special!! It has so much atmosphere and we stayed there for two nights. We especially loved the canal boat ride, the Chocolate Museum, the moules and frites, and the Belgian waffles.

• 2 weeks later...

From the ship it is a very short shuttle ride into Blankenburge. The train ride into Brugge was very quick - 11 minutes if I remember correctly and cost about 6 Euros round trip. It's a short walk from the train station into the heart of Brugge where you really step back in time.......... we loved the canal ride. It's a photographers dream so have your camera ready.

Marion

• 4 weeks later...

I am not certain buy I think the town ran the shuttle and they ran every 15 or 20 minutes.

GACRUISER456- call Amazara and ask IF they are having their own shuttle to Brugge - they may not because the town has a shuttle into Blankenburge.

Marion

Azamara had confirmed for me that there was a shuttle from the port to the Blankenberg train station. I don't know if this is an Azamara thing or something provided through the port. We are planning on taking the shuttle to the train and then into Brugge from there. We have a nice bike tour planned to get a good feel for the city in the morning, then time to walk and see some of the sites we are interested in.

You need to be aware of the times of departure on the train from Blankenberge as there are some large gaps later in the morning. The current schedule shows 7:40, 8:17: 8:33, 9:40 and 11:40. Don't wait too long to get going.

We got off the ship as soon as we could and took the early train - I suggest you do the same thing....

Be cautious with the return trains - they don't run as often as the trains going to Brugge - unless they changed their schedules.

Marion

Thanks, I have pulled all the train schedules off the Belgium train website. We are actually there on a Sunday, so they run even more infrequent. They only run once an hour (8:11, 9:11, etc). We are planning on catching the 9:11 train in.

Coming back, they only run on the 36 after the hour (5:36, 6:36, etc).

Archived