San Juan & dinner

WisCruiser2

For those who have been on the Solstice or Eclipse with the 3:00 - 11:00 PM port call in San Juan -- do most people have dinner off the ship or does the dining room keep the usual times? We're not big fans of paying extra for a meal when we can get it on the ship.....

We went back to the ship....even though our dining time was 6.30. None of the restaurants that I spied in the area we walked around (quite a big area of the Old Town) really appealed and I knew we could trust the ship to be reliable.

I love the MDR though - if we had been delayed, I probably would have gone to Bistro on 5.

Its an odd time to be in port but I liked the evening sail away.

For those who have been on the Solstice or Eclipse with the 3:00 - 11:00 PM port call in San Juan -- do most people have dinner off the ship or does the dining room keep the usual times? We're not big fans of paying extra for a meal when we can get it on the ship.....

When we were there, we thought it was too late to go to the main dining room and so we dined in the buffet. It was fine and had a great view of the lights of San Juan at night. (Hardly anyone was in there.) The next night our waiter asked us where we had dined. We told him we would have been late by the time we dressed and he said, we would have been fine. Not sure whether that meant we could have come a little later or dressed a little more casual. (I don't mean shorts) I guess it was a very low turn out that night. My advice is to ask your waiter the night before and see what he says. The Bistro on Five is a great idea too. Of course you pay the $5 cover charge but if you have tried it, it's worth it! Yum!!!

Archived