Justify this price difference.

vxv0409

7 Nights on Norwegian Breakaway in a studio cabin

Sailing May 19, 2013

Cost: $1600 (approximately)

7 Nights on Royal Caribbean Allure in an interior cabin

Sailing May 19, 2013

Cost: $1500 (approximately)

It's CHEAPER to book double occupancy on the Allure.. and I KNOW what the ship is about. But I'd have to travel to Florida instead of NYC (from Pittsburgh).

But the Breakaway is a brand new ship.. I would be on the 4th sailing ever.. and it has the studio cabins which cater to solo travelers.

Which would you do and why?

I'd book the Allure. Why? Because I am loyal to Royal and it's affiliates.

I did one NCL cruise. Why? Because it was offered as "cheap pricing". Was the cruise really cheap? Yup, it was cheap in every respect and not just monetarily. I got what I paid for. In the end, it wasn't really a bargain but a substandard cruise line and a substandard experience for me.

But, as the saying goes, everyone is different and that's why there are so many cruise lines so that each cruiser can pick what best fits their budget, lifestyle and cruising style.

I've been loyal to royal thus far as well. I just figured that going solo I may have an easier time meeting others to hang out with.

I cruise solo as well. I personally would not set foot on a larger ship. The larger the ship, the more cold and impersonal it becomes. This is an important factor when it comes to cruising solo.

I suspect with the ships being built bigger and bigger, my days of cruising the mainstream cruiselines will be coming to an end before long. I will then start to look look at the smaller cruise lines and perhaps even river cruises to get my cruising fix.

I've been on the Epic, as a solo and on the Oasis (same as Allure) with a group of girlfriends.

Epic is awesome for the solo traveler and the entertainment overall is great. They do have the studio lounge which is great for meeting other solo travelers and basically always having someone to go out and about with. Shows, dinners, etc.

Oasis was a wonderful ship. I didn't think the entertainment was as good as Epic, but that is a total personal opinion thing. I did enjoy the entertainment. The ship is set up in neighborhoods which is really cool.

The Breakaway will be similiar to the Epic, I'm assuming. Great having the happy hour social each early evening. As no entertainment has been mentioned yet, who knows.

I would say, if you are a social person and can meet people easily, maybe go on the Allure this time. Let the Breakaway work out its kinks, being only the 4th sailing. Maybe it is a trip you could do the next year when prices will probably have dropped and NCL tells us more about the ship

Just my opinion

Have Fun! No matter which you choose

7 Nights on Norwegian Breakaway in a studio cabin

Sailing May 19, 2013

Cost: $1600 (approximately)

7 Nights on Royal Caribbean Allure in an interior cabin

Sailing May 19, 2013

Cost: $1500 (approximately)

It's CHEAPER to book double occupancy on the Allure.. and I KNOW what the ship is about. But I'd have to travel to Florida instead of NYC (from Pittsburgh).

But the Breakaway is a brand new ship.. I would be on the 4th sailing ever.. and it has the studio cabins which cater to solo travelers.

Which would you do and why?

Are those quotes per cabin or pp? If allure is 750 pp, I'll hunt down a fellow traveler....

Archived