Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

I understand your point, CostaSmurfette. My point is that this is par for the course and that ultimately the Concordia disaster could very well have a similar outcome. Unlike, Uniall, I don't believe that the court of public opinion is ever satisfied, and probably rightfully so in a civilized society. There are too many monuments to martyrs to think otherwise IMHO.

Regards,

MorganMars

And just as Vincennes got fogged by the authorities and no visible punishment was handed out, Concordia will likely do the same...not due to interference by the authorities but in Concordia's case, it is the media that has diluted, added bias and generally screwed up during the reporting, so no-one knows exactly what happened since there are so many different versions (according to which media you read. watch or otherwise take notice of).

As you said before...it took 8 years for Vincennes to pay up "hush" money and for it to be pushed into the archives, hopefully forgotten. Concorde took over 10 years to settle and get judicial proceedings sorted out.

Concordia and her judicial review, proceedings, settlement....who knows how long it will take, the ambulance chasers will inevitably extend the time taken for full settlement cos that is how they earn their commissions.

Ultimately...just as in Vincennes...it is highly doubtful that anyone's head will be placed on the block, no-one will admit liability (as that will be written into the settlement somewhere) and no-one wins.

All we can do is hope that the cruise industry get their house in order...just as you would hope that the world's navies have done.....and in the end it will be fine until the next time..

I feel quite certain, that there will be no coverup in the Costa Concordia sinking. The wheels of justice move slowly, and, in the case of maritime court proceedings, often take decades to reach a conclusion.

I do not believe in conspiracy theories, nor do I wear a tinfoil hat on my head.

Doc

I think the last three posts create a "resonable suspicion" that Sidari has an alter ego and pseudonym which is used to differentiate between ranting and writting. :rolleyes:

I've been coming to that same suspicious deduction myself.

JoyceG;)

I think the last three posts create a "resonable suspicion" that Sidari has an alter ego and pseudonym which is used to differentiate between ranting and writting. :rolleyes:

Uniall....I am assuming that you made an error in judgement in the above statement...cos one of those three posts was YOURS :D

Your post about the three previous posts is #2216.

#2215 is mine, #2214 is YOURS and #2213 is sidari's....

So by that then....you must be a figment of your own imagination too.

Oh the irony :rolleyes:

You will be one of those who will dissapear from sight should Schettino be found not guilty for whatever reason and not be Big enough to accept you were wrong and put it in writing on this thread should it still be running then.

k.[/quote

Always assuming we are all still alive by then!!

David

Over the last few weeks I have noticed that crane barge often working right over the pool area sky light opening. I am wondering just what work they are doing here?.. I am sure they are and will be using this area to get into the hull, but just what maybe be going on inside now has me thinking (thinking always gets me in trouble.:confused:

AKK

Good morning A

There seems to be some speculation that the starboard side is badly damaged on the rocks that it wont survive the parbuckle. Could it be possible that they are strengthening the starboard side to prevent it "bursting" open.

Trouble is not thinking gets you in trouble as well.

Over the last few weeks I have noticed that crane barge often working right over the pool area sky light opening. I am wondering just what work they are doing here?.. I am sure they are and will be using this area to get into the hull' date=' but just what maybe be going on inside now has me thinking (thinking always gets me in trouble.:confused:

AKK[/quote']

I think they are installing the stabiliization pilings to prevent the ship from sliding off the rocks. See my post #78.

I think they are installing the stabiliization pilings to prevent the ship from sliding off the rocks. See my post #78.

Ho that I know...its being working there since the start of operations and it is indeed the anchors.

I am referring to the smaller crane barge working near the hull at the pool sky light openings, they have removed the sky lights, now they are moving in and out of the lower deck.

AKK

Ho that I know...its being working there since the start of operations and it is indeed the anchors.

I am referring to the smaller crane barge working near the hull at the pool sky light openings' date=' they have removed the sky lights, now they are moving in and out of the lower deck.

AKK[/quote']

The pool sky lights with the exception of one panel have been removed for some time now. Too bad the Last Salute web cam is no longer working as it would have given a clearer view.

I have been trying to get the email address of the Mayor of Giglio in order to try and persuade him that it is the long term interests of tourism in Giglio to get some decent cameras on the wreck whilst the worlds focus is on his island.

I couldn't agree more.

The people of Giglio are probably tired of the voyeurs gawking at the hull...not forgetting two bodies are still in there somewhere.

No doubt Titan will have organised for National Geographic to film the entire recovery process for the "Salvage Code red" series, so rather than gawk at it for the next 12 months, just wait patiently for the documentary...you KNOW there will be one made, afterall, there is money to be made from this affair :rolleyes:

I know two people who work for Titan. This is a company that prefers to operate with a very low profile. I would expect their level of cooperation with anyone attempting to document the recovery process to be minimal.

Doc

I know two people who work for Titan. This is a company that prefers to operate with a very low profile. I would expect their level of cooperation with anyone attempting to document the recovery process to be minimal.

Doc

I agree with you there Doc, the last thing these salvage folks want or like is the world looking over their shoulder.

AKK

Would you think that is why the Last Salute project stopped.

I thought was just a financial arrangement where the Last Salute people and the location where the camera was positioned couldn't agree on a price. The Last Salute people are taking donations in order to re-establish the filming process from what their Facebook page says.

I thought was just a financial arrangement where the Last Salute people and the location where the camera was positioned couldn't agree on a price. The Last Salute people are taking donations in order to re-establish the filming process from what their Facebook page says.

That is my understanding also.

The mayor of Giglio has mentioned a time or six that he doesn't like that the focus on his Island is because of the ship. I just think that as long as the tourist season lasts, the port camera will be focused on the town. Hopefully once the season is over, they will turn it back to where we can see the ship from the port direction.

"I think the last three posts create a "resonable suspicion" that Sidari has an alter ego and pseudonym which is used to differentiate between ranting and writting"

Uni .. you really are barking mad! ... just because there are 2 different people who are prepared not to be Bullied by the Gang of cruise critic unlike some poor people who refuse to post the only answer your so called legal brain can come up with is that it has to be the same person! it goes beyond being pathetic. Bit of Paronia raises its head i see!

Balf .... "Always assuming we are all still alive by then!!"

With the speed that the legal wheels turn in Italy who knows?

CS ... "So by that then....you must be a figment of your own imagination too."

or a legend in his own mind ?

Edited by sidari