Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Long time lurker on this thread, just looked at the live webcam and the CC looks really Eerie right now with what looks like a couple of the rooms with lights on in them, not sure if it is a reflection? Will check at 11 pm central tonight when it starts and keep tabs on it Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome CG

I imagine it could be a reflection as those cabins would have been underwater prior to the parbuckle. But hey what do I know I hold the record for the largest number of wrong guesses on this thread.

Clive, if you are first then I must be second. ;)

The one thing you got right was starting this thread. Many thanks for that because we needed a place to look at just this part of Concordia.

I'm just sorry Cheng isn't with us doing the refloat after all his contributions.

CG, I looked on a different site. It appears as if lights have been placed on some outside railings. Keeping in mind that I don't always "get it right" that could make sense. The ship will be towed and it is quite possible that during the night they may be required.

This thought occurred to me because during one cruise we were going to have an opportunity to see the Northern Lights. A request was made to the Captain asking if the upper deck lights could be turned off. He explained that regulations would not allow cruising through the night without the lights. He did, however, allow a few of the tall lights to be shut off. Deck level and those running along railings remained on.

On behalf of everyone on this thread may I wish Nick Sloane and all the team who have or are working on the re float the very best of luck for the next few days. Please stay safe and we hope for a successful job.

As MM says our thoughts are never far from the 33 people who have died and we wish their families some kind of closure with your loss.

Best Wishes to you all

Clive

Live streaming has started on Giglio news.

http://www.giglionews.it/2014/07/13/live-streaming-costa-concordia-refloating/

There is a press conference (in Italian) at the moment.

Could be useful in the morning.

Is the video down for everyone? It worked earlier on my iPad, are there other options?

Is the video down for everyone? It worked earlier on my iPad, are there other options?

CG, yes it is for everyone. Right now the live stream is dark.

If you look at the top of the site you'll see "WebCam" in the bar. Clicking on that will bring the dropdown box. You can click Panorama or Parbuckling for current views.

John, sorry you are having trouble.

I have it on my laptop and just set it to come up on my ipad.

If I'm getting the schedule thing correct I don't think they really plan to start until 8:30 (Giglio time) with preliminary work done prior to that.

Is that how everyone else understands it?

Seeing some "suit" types and an increase in security at the port now.

Edited by SomeBeach

http://worldtimer.net/Cities/all.php?c=Italy&city=Isola_del_Giglio&country=South_Tyrol&k1=4235&k2=1090&r=Toscana

I've been wrong before, but when I flew to Rome from London, I'm pretty sure it was +1. My son and granddaughter live in Cambridge, UK, so I have the London clock on my computer and it is currently 0722 there. Maybe Daylight Savings time differences????

Giglio is 1 hour in front of London it is 8.26 there now.

I have lost the live feed though has anybody else?

I've lost it, too. Hunting for another one.

Back up, but here is another link just in case.

http://video.repubblica.it/dossier/costa-concordia-il-recupero/la-concordia-torna-a-galla-la-diretta-dal-giglio/172219/170762?ref=HRER3-1

Edited by MorganMars

Lost it too. Using the panorama one.

I'm wondering if it a main feed for other outlets. If so it would be down for all, wouldn't it?

Yep, back up.

On pan shot I just saw the ferry going into port. As I recall once it did the port would close for the day and the project would get underway.

Edited by SomeBeach