Fabrizio of All Around Italy.

Fletch1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just my absolute favorite tour guide in Italy. Trust Fabrizio and team to get it right for you. We hired his company for both a day in Rome and a day on the Amalfi Coast last August. Very communicative, competitive prices (I did all the research before chose), comfortable vehicles and the best is the "special sauce" history, stories, suggestions. Made us feel we have a friend in Rome.

Wow, we can't wait. Have Fabrizio booked for all 3 ports in Italy for our cruise in October....love to read first hand critiques.....thanks for all the wonderful feedback. OP, hope you have good luck in confirming Fabrizio too!!

• 3 months later...

We booked him 15 months in advance for our day in Naples last summer. At the dock we were met by someone else who said he was sent by Fabrizio because his air conditioning wasn't working.

The replacement driver was nice enough but smoked at every stop. We are sensitive to cigarette smoke and this wasn't pleasant. I believe Fabrizio had posted that he did not smoke on his website.

Overall a nice day and I am glad he sent a replacement but not the dynamic individual that Fabrizio is described; again disappointing when you book that far in advance. But things happen.... We did enjoy the Almafi Coast. I will probably book with Rome in Limo next time and request a nonsmoking driver.

We booked him 15 months in advance for our day in Naples last summer. At the dock we were met by someone else who said he was sent by Fabrizio because his air conditioning wasn't working.

The replacement driver was nice enough but smoked at every stop. We are sensitive to cigarette smoke and this wasn't pleasant. I believe Fabrizio had posted that he did not smoke on his website.

Overall a nice day and I am glad he sent a replacement but not the dynamic individual that Fabrizio is described; again disappointing when you book that far in advance. But things happen.... We did enjoy the Almafi Coast. I will probably book with Rome in Limo next time and request a nonsmoking driver.

I can imagine how disappointing that must have been, I have also booked him many months in advance. His biggest problem is that he is so good everybody wants him, he needs to be cloned! I have toured with some of his employees like Alberto and next year I will meet Pepe and they are also very good.

I also hate smoke. I did not have any problems with any of the guides I have used through allarounditaly, whether they smoke or not.

Glad to hear that your day was not a complete bummer.

Edited by ibfern

Do give All Around Italy another chance. They are the best of the best when it comes to private tours in Italy. I too would have been disappointed, being an ex-smoker, if I had a smoking driver. Smokers do not realize how their clothes and breath smell and think there is no offense unless they smoke in a confined area. Under your circumstances, my advice would have been to send a short email to AAI expressing your concerns politely. Business owners need to hear negative feedback as well as positive feedback. When on tour I am usually the skinny one that fits in the middle front seat next to the driver and so far my very sensitive nose has never been offended.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to pass on that Fabrizio contacted me and offered his services gratis the next time we are in Rome. It's not like we go to Rome that often but we will be there in October for a land trip; a cooking holiday in the Abruzzo region (a dream of mine for sometime).

I felt this was very generous of Fabrizio to offer this. I try and be very fair with any review so I wanted to immediately pass this along. We haven't finalized our Rome plans yet so we haven't made arrangements but will keep his offer in mind.

I wanted to pass on that Fabrizio contacted me and offered his services gratis the next time we are in Rome. It's not like we go to Rome that often but we will be there in October for a land trip; a cooking holiday in the Abruzzo region (a dream of mine for sometime).

I felt this was very generous of Fabrizio to offer this. I try and be very fair with any review so I wanted to immediately pass this along. We haven't finalized our Rome plans yet so we haven't made arrangements but will keep his offer in mind.

That's the Fabrizio I know and love! :)

• 9 months later...

Just returned from a cruise from Barcelona to Rome. We used All around Italy for a private tour for 6 of us in Livorno (Tuscany and Florence), PU from cruise port in Rome to our hotel, a tour of Rome and the Vatican, and then from our hotel to the Rome airport. All segments were EXCELLANT. Our first contact was at the port of Livorno where Fabrizio the owner of the company met us in a luxurious Mercedes 8 passenger van. We went into the Tuscany region where Fabrizio was raised, you can make you own itinerary or let him design one for him. We were into wine, food and the local culture. He delivered perfectly! Our tour in Rome was guided by PePe a Rome native that as a child played in the Circus Maximus and the Coliseum. Born and raised in Rome There wasn't a question he couldn't awnser. Our Vatican guide Was Barbara another of Fabrizios quality employees. Their email address allarounditaly.net, you can't go wrong.

• 1 year later...

We just recently returned from a round trip cruise out of Rome Italy. We used All Around Italy and Fabrizio for private tours of Livorno (Pisa/Florence) Naples (Sorrento/Amalfi Coast), Rome and all of the surrounding areas, and enjoyed them all immensely. We are very happy we used their services.

Everything about the tours were excellent. On time, entertaining, friendly, relaxed, knowledgable and by far one of the most enjoyable tour experiences we have ever taken..... and we have taken many tours on our travels throughout Europe.

As has been said here and on Trip Advisor many times, Fabrizio and his company are very very good, and Hard To Beat!!!