Luggage on a Cruisetour

DRPWDunIL

We are doing a cruisetour with the land portion preceding the cruise. We purchased air on our own and will arrive more than 24 hours before our tour begins and get to the first Princess lodge on our own. My question is about luggage--do people carry/retain all their luggage during the cruisetour (land portion) or do they have you label luggage to meet you at the ship and then you plan to just have a set of smaller bags or subset of your luggage during the land portion? More simply, do you have all your luggage with you during the entire land portion of the cruisetour?

Short answer, no. You will each tag one bag to 'follow me' and one 'carry on'. The rest will be tagged 'to the ship'. On your last night in the first lodge you will leave out all but carryon. The 'Follow me' bags will proceed to your next resort (and so on) and the 'to the ship' will be in your cabin when you get to the ship.

We are doing a cruisetour with the land portion preceding the cruise. We purchased air on our own and will arrive more than 24 hours before our tour begins and get to the first Princess lodge on our own. My question is about luggage--do people carry/retain all their luggage during the cruisetour (land portion) or do they have you label luggage to meet you at the ship and then you plan to just have a set of smaller bags or subset of your luggage during the land portion? More simply, do you have all your luggage with you during the entire land portion of the cruisetour?

Loonbeam's answer is spot on.

We also brought a very small fabric bag with us for use on trains, etc. There is hardly any storage room (a full backpack would not fit under a train seat), but a lightly packed collapsible bag for camera and an extra layer of clothes would work.

As others have said, the luggage gets tagged "follow me" or "meet me". I actually took my largest bag with me on the land tour and sent the smaller one to the ship as I found I needed more things for the land tour activities. You can carry a small carry on bag but it needs to be able to fit under seats. You are not allowed more than one bag on the land tour.

Is this the case for all cruisetours? Our land tour is only 3 days prior to our 7 day voyage of the glaciers......so is that per person? Each person can bring one suitcase with them, plus a small carry-on type that can fit under seat? and the rest goes to the ship? I had asked our TA about his when we first booked, and she thought everything went with us.....I have contacted her and asked her to find out the details for me.....

Is this the case for all cruisetours? Our land tour is only 3 days prior to our 7 day voyage of the glaciers......so is that per person? Each person can bring one suitcase with them, plus a small carry-on type that can fit under seat? and the rest goes to the ship? I had asked our TA about his when we first booked, and she thought everything went with us.....I have contacted her and asked her to find out the details for me.....

Your TA obviously has no experience with Princess cruisetours. Most TA's have little experience with anything. Not to worry. Princess does a fantastic job and when you get to your hotel all will be in order.

As long as you have more than one resort in your tour, this will be the process...

Archived