Help me pick a balcony on the Dream

kelkel2

OK, so I think I want a cove balcony. I've decided that it won't be too loud above the atrium or restaurant so I figured I'd go for it. My husband doesn't have the time off approval and I'm worried that by the time he does the coves will be gone. When I looked last night there were only about 10 left for a cruise in Jan 2013!!

Anyways, quick question. I like balconies with a clear view of the water. Does this exist on the Dream or are you always looking down onto something like the deck below or the overhanging hot tub? So if I don't get a cove is this what I'm going to get? If that's the case I may try for an aft wrap or something similar.

We have been on Dream 3x but haven't stayed in a cove balcony. Those who have though from what I have read, seem to love them.

If you can't get one, my suggestion is deck 8 midship. It is close to the elevators or stairs, and, to us, the perfect location. There are cabins above and below, so we don't hear a lot of noise. We don't hear the elevators either.

When we look straight out from out balcony, we see the sea. If we look down, we see the lanai deck, deck 5. It goes all around the ship and and if you were in a lower level balcony (other than cove) people on deck 5 can look right into your balcony.

We stay in cabin 8347 and it's perfect for us. Our friends usually stay right next door, 8343. We love Dream and can't wait to go again. Enjoy.

we had a cove balcony last week on the dream. 2405. it is right under the galley. the first 5 nights it was ok.:) the last 2 nights, it was pretty noisy. the cove balcony is really great and hidden from the top decks.

we had more noise from people yelling in the halls at 2 and 3 in the mornings:eek:

Archived