Allure Aqua Theater huge crowd on web cam

TubbyMrT

While viewing the Allure web cams, I came across an unusually crowded Aqua Theater in late afternoon. I have sailed many times and never have I seen it this busy. What is the special event? A little research on the web and I found its a Jan-Feb 2012 gay cruise. It looks like everyone is having a great time. Perhaps it is the sexiest legs contest? :eek:

I'm sorry for the poor quality photos as the ships web cam is not the best today. But you can see that the Aqua Theater it is packed tight.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=23166&cat=all&limit=last1

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=23167&cat=all&limit=last1

While viewing the Allure web cams, I came across an unusually crowded Aqua Theater in late afternoon. I have sailed many times and never have I seen it this busy. What is the special event? A little research on the web and I found its a Jan-Feb 2012 gay cruise. It looks like everyone is having a great time. Perhaps it is the sexiest legs contest? :eek:

I'm sorry for the poor quality photos as the ships web cam is not the best today. But you can see that the Aqua Theater it is packed tight.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=23166&cat=all&limit=last1

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=23167&cat=all&limit=last1

When we were on the Allure they did the belly flop contest there. As well there was a number of kids activities performed there.

Yep, it's an Atlantis Events charter. On sea days, they usually have a late-afternoon dance party.

Last night, the Promenade cam showed a huge party there, including a live performance by a singer who was standing on that bridge that extends over the Promenade.

I'll be on Atlantis' next charter in March, on Celebrity Summit. (Not nearly as big as this one, but just as much fun!)

- Mike :-)

I saw the crowd too and it looked like everyone was naked? :eek:

Haha, not quite! While some of the theme parties may encourage creative outfits, these are not "clothing optional" cruises! ;)

Enjoy your cruise! Oh, you might find glitter around the ship -- I hear it takes the crew about 4 weeks to clean it all up... ;)

A clearer pix of another Atlantis group sailing. On a different note....notice the guys standing on the the chairs or table right at the rail on the port side Aquatheater suite deck 9....no wonder why people fall over the rails and get killed:rolleyes:

Atlantis-Allure-of-the-Seas.jpg

A clearer pix of another Atlantis group sailing. On a different note....notice the guys standing on the the chairs or table right at the rail on the port side Aquatheater suite deck 9....no wonder why people fall over the rails and get killed:rolleyes:

Holy wall-to-wall- crowds, Batman!

That is some big crowd. I bet the waiters make out like bandits on the Atlantis charters.

Holy wall-to-wall- crowds, Batman!

That is some big crowd. I bet the waiters make out like bandits on the Atlantis charters.

Yep. The bar staff loves these cruises. They drink lots and top shelf stuff. Plus they are good tippers!

The crew from many depts have been looking forward to this cruise.

That aqua theater crowd is my worst nightmare...and I'm from MA, so it's not their orientation that scares me; but just look at the size of that mob:eek: I would literally cry in a crowd like that. You see a photo like that and you realize what a great job they do spreading out the crowds on this ship ordinarily!

This is way too many people for me! I prefer the smaller ships because of this!

This is definitely not the normal. This is a charter group and apparently this gathering was a scheduled event for a photo opt. Considering that everyone on the ship is with the same group then crowding like this is not surprising.

When we were on the Allure in January there was TONS of space around the ship and NO crowded ares (other than the elevator lobbies at dinner time but that is true most of the time.:D).

Kathy

This is definitely not the normal. This is a charter group and apparently this gathering was a scheduled event for a photo opt. Considering that everyone on the ship is with the same group then crowding like this is not surprising.

When we were on the Allure in January there was TONS of space around the ship and NO crowded ares (other than the elevator lobbies at dinner time but that is true most of the time.:D).

Kathy

We have been on a B2B, on Oasis and the Allure in Jan. and nothing like that crowd!!:eek: There were tons of space like you said and nothing major in crowds.

Yes, dinner time does cause everyone to gather in the same place though......:D

We booked Allure for a B2B again for next year.

... apparently this gathering was a scheduled event for a photo op ...

Actually it's not just a photo op, the AquaTheatre looks like this every sea day afternoon on the Atlantis Charters! The Solarium looks like this every evening from about 11pm-3am (there's no furniture in the solarium at all, and the hot tub in the centre is covered) and Studio B looks like this from about 2am-6am. The Windjammer is open all night!

Unlike the routine cruises, there's plenty of available deck chairs... about half the passengers sleep all day :D

It's a blast!

Actually it's not just a photo op, the AquaTheatre looks like this every sea day afternoon on the Atlantis Charters! The Solarium looks like this every evening from about 11pm-3am (there's no furniture in the solarium at all, and the hot tub in the centre is covered) and Studio B looks like this from about 2am-6am. The Windjammer is open all night!

Unlike the routine cruises, there's plenty of available deck chairs... about half the passengers sleep all day :D

It's a blast!

I would die trying to keep a schedule like that;) Ahh, to be young...glad you had a great time!:D And I see you are booked already for next year! Did you get your OBC for booking onboard?

That was one of the afternoon Tea Dances or T-Dances. There are 4-5 a week on the Atlantis Charter. They each have a different theme: Classic Disco, Beach Theme, Over the Rainbow, etc. In most of the Aqua Theater it really isn't as crowded as is looks. Each row is separated by a step and a rail so you actually have a lot of room. Only the stage is really crowded. However, I still cho0se to stand by the rock wall on Deck 7 to snap pictures, one floor above.

My stateroom attendant asked why it is called a T Dance. The name originates from Tea Time, late afternoon. Suddenly he smiled big and said, "Ahhh, we play cricket abck home. I know what tea is. But we never have that much fun."

A lot of the guys go shirtless, that is all the skin you may see. Nudity is a different charter I've read about on cc.

It is mostly gay men, there is a sprinkle of gay women and then I am always surprised at the number of straight men and women I meet, usually women. They travel with their gay friends or relatives. The more the merrier I say. When I first told my parents I was going on the gay cruise, I was shocked to learn that one of their close friends used to go fairly often. Her husband hates cruises so she would leave him behind and take a friend on Atlantis.

I wanna go!!!! I'm not gay, or anything but they know how to party!!! You think I can sneak on?

Do it! The entertainment is awesome and so is the people watching :D Seems there is usually a few straights on board who always end up having a good time, and no kids on board! don;t get me wrong i love kids but it is nice to have a kid free cruise occasionally.

And why would anyone want to go on a ship with that crowd, not much of a vacation to me.

Because it is fun. It is about letting your hair down and enjoying yourself. The cost of an Atlantis Charter can be twice as much as a regular sailing and with the special itineraries, events, entertainment it is worth it to certain people.

Not everyone would like it and that is ok too!

And why would anyone want to go on a ship with that crowd, not much of a vacation to me.

This does not normally happen. I have been on this ship class 6 times and have never seen anything like this. The crowd in that picture is due to a specific charter, not on an ordinary cruise.

I noticed that. If people ever wondered how folks fall over railings, one look at that stupidity makes it very clear.

Archived