Carnival Ecstasy compared to Royal ships

waterbugohio

OK, we are looking to take a girls only 5 day cruise.

We have all sailed before, but only with Royal Caribbean. Can someone who has sailed both lines tell me what the Ecstasy compares to?

We have sailed on the Serenade, the Majesty and the Navigator.

I know Ecstasy is one of the smaller ships, but will we be disappointed?

I have read a couple reviews on here on this ship and I was a little worried.

We are not loyal to one line, to me being on ANY ship is better than being on NO ship.

Comments please???

The Ectasy is similar in size to the Majesty but with bigger cabins and recent upgrades

The Serenade will be a little bigger and a nicer ship

The Voyager is in different category

You will have a great time on the Ectasy

Never been on royal. Would love to, but usually above our budget when you add in a flight for 2. We did the Ecstasy on our honeymoon and the ship is nice. We were happy with it and everything that took place on the ship. We had one of the few balconies on the port side and they are close to the water and nice we loved it!

I've been on three of Carnival's Fantasy Class ships, including the Ecstasy. It is comparable (or should be, at least) to Monarch and Majesty. I've also been on Monarch once.

IMO, the Ecstasy was better than the Monarch. The interior cabins are significantly bigger on the Ecstasy and the food on Monarch was seriously awful. We went to the MDR once and didn't go back. We might have caught them on an "off" cruise, but still....I've never had bad food in the MDR on Carnival.

The only things that were noticeably in Monarch's favor was the decor (not as garish as Carnival) and a visit to their private island. But that was a difference in destination, not ship. Carnival's private island is even better!

Cruised on the Ecstasy twice, loved her both times. One of my favorite ships. Makes a real nice 4 or 5 day cruise. The Ecstasy is not one of the larger newer ships, but there is something to be said for the smaller ships!!! Never felt crowded !!!! You'll have a great time !!

I just got off the Ecstasy on Jan 16th doing the Half Moon Cay, Nassau, & Freeport cruise & LOVED IT! She felt TOTALLY REFURBISHED, everything felt pretty new! Great interior decor, the Ecstasy's theme is NEW YORK! As a "personal" opinion even being an older ship the Ecstasy BLOWS her newer sister ships Elation & Paradise out of the water(been on all 3 ships)! She feels much more updated & less worn! & the Ecstasy is 7 years older then them!

Great water park on board as well! HALF MOON CAY is TO DIE FOR! Its rated top cruise ship private island by many sources, check it out! Have a great cruise!

I been on Ecstasy several times (see sig below) and it is a great ship. Some don't like the neon in the public areas, but I do as it reminds me of Vegas. It is bright and energetic! Since it is smaller it is also very easy to navigate and get around. Good luck with your decision!

thanks for all the advice. I feel much better now.

Hoping we will book soon

I just got off the Ecstasy on Jan 16th doing the Half Moon Cay, Nassau, & Freeport cruise & LOVED IT! She felt TOTALLY REFURBISHED, everything felt pretty new! Great interior decor, the Ecstasy's theme is NEW YORK! As a "personal" opinion even being an older ship the Ecstasy BLOWS her newer sister ships Elation & Paradise out of the water(been on all 3 ships)! She feels much more updated & less worn! & the Ecstasy is 7 years older then them!

Great water park on board as well! HALF MOON CAY is TO DIE FOR! Its rated top cruise ship private island by many sources, check it out! Have a great cruise!

As a New Yorker, I would tend to refer to the neon as more "Times Square.:)

Archived