Legends show auditions?

ViolaSwamp

We cruised with our son and DIL back in November on the Legend. She is a semi-professional singer and decided to try karaoke one night. She sang one song and afterwards was asked to perform Gloria Estafan. I think they use the karaoke as informal auditions, plus there is at least one night that they hold auditions with the band.

Rehearsals were scheduled our last day on the ship, which happened to be a sea day. From what Jamie said, there was a lot of time that needed to be invested on that day with some restrictions on the type of shoes to wear, etc. Since they were on their honeymoon cruise, she wasn't willing to spend most of her last day of the cruise doing that. If it wasn't their honeymoon, she would have gone through with it. That's as much as I can offer.

Joe

When we were on the Miracle a few years back, there were not a lot of people interested in doing the Legends show, and I think everyone who tried out got a part. There were even a few of the parts that nobody tried out for, and members of the staff sang those. The one who did Madonna was from the entertainment staff and played it as a comedy number, I recall.

The auditions were held at karaoke. Watch your FunTimes for information, and they will probably make announcements about it at other shows, to make sure they get interest.

My sister-in-law was in the show. They lent her an MP3 player with the song she would be singing (she was Aretha Franklin, "Respect") so she could practice on her own, plus a pin that said "Come see me in the Legends show" or something like that to wear around in the days leading up to the performance. And then there was a rehearsal she had to attend. They provide a costume for the show.

Good luck!

We happened upon what we thought was karaoke one night, and they were holding Legends auditions, Frank Sinatra was up at that time. We talked my son into auditioning (he has a BEAUTIFUL voice), and he blew 'em out of the water. He became Frank & did it My Way. They gave him an mp3 player with the song on it, the lyrics, the rules & asked him to practice on his own. Only rehearsal (as best I recall) was the day of the show. We would have never attended that show if not for his performance. It was pretty cool though. I say... Do It and Good luck!!

the madonna song is Like a Virgin. It is a shorter version than the regular version. you will audition at karaoke and if chosen, they will give you an MP3 player with the exact version you will be doing.

you will do 1 run through with the band, most likely the last day of the cruise and they will tell you where to stand and walk you through the bows and everything.

it is lots of fun. I was Madonna on my Legend cruise and I was Aretha Franklin in my most recent Conquest cruise.

the madonna song is Like a Virgin. It is a shorter version than the regular version. you will audition at karaoke and if chosen, they will give you an MP3 player with the exact version you will be doing.

you will do 1 run through with the band, most likely the last day of the cruise and they will tell you where to stand and walk you through the bows and everything.

it is lots of fun. I was Madonna on my Legend cruise and I was Aretha Franklin in my most recent Conquest cruise.

That sounds awesome! I guess they aren't looking for the physical appearance then, 'cause you can't look like both the Queen of Soul AND Madge... :p that is really, really cool you've done both! Maybe I will try out for Aretha then... :cool: I just figured that since I'm a fair-skinned blonde, that I'd have to stick with Madonna. LOL

"Like a Virgin". Tips: You can go to YouTube and search for it. Lots of people have uploaded their videos of their performances. You can see the costume and hear the arrangement. Bring a pair of pretty but comfortable shoes but they won't allow open-toed.

Memorize your words in advance, though depending on which day they audition for your Legend, you will probably have days to practice with the MP3 player and the printed lyrics.

They provide the costume (have plenty of sizes available), fit it to you, and return it just before the show. After the fitting, you go through the entire show with the live band. (Well, we had the full live band on Miracle, anyway.)

You also might want to go to the live band karaoke a few times and the regular karaoke to practice whenever you can before and after you've been chosen.

I was "Gloria" on my cruise last April. It was a pretty fun time. You connect with the other "cast" members. They take a group pic, and they give you an 8x10 and a copy of the DVD. Good luck and have a blast!!!

Archived