Cabins on QE2

Cordaline

We are taking our friends on there first cruise,and have booked M1 outside cabins Deck 3 Port fwd. Do you think these are adequate for first timers?

Cordaline, if they have never cruised before I am sure they will find them absolutely fine.....I have sailed in M2s & found them perfectly acceptable....and if you've booked M1 there is a chance you will get upgraded to Caronia. And if they then cruise on a more modern ship....they will be pleasantly surprised by the extra space. Cruise on the QE2 while you still can - she's only got a couple of more years left.....

Peter

Cordaline - although we have not cruised in an M cabin we have been in a C cabin on the same deck. Don't think there would be a great difference between them. I have a few pics of our cabin here if they are of any interest to you. Have a great one, there is still nothing afloat like her.

http://ImageEvent.com/mufi/qe2cruisetonewenglandaugust2002

David.

One step up will get you into the Caronia Restaurant, which is less harried and noisy because you have your assigned table for the entire evening. In Mauretania, there are two seatings and waiters are more hurried because they have to get you out and the next group in.

You may be lucky and get an upgrade, but if it were me and I could manage the extra expense, I would do it.

M1 3018 Thanks David

3018 is 129 square feet - one of the smaller M1s - the range is between 120 - 208 square feet - but it is quite a nice layout - the two beds are close to the porthole - sometimes the porthole is down a small corridor where the dresser is, and they are close to the A staircase & lifts.

Peter

3018 is 129 square feet - one of the smaller M1s - the range is between 120 - 208 square feet - but it is quite a nice layout - the two beds are close to the porthole - sometimes the porthole is down a small corridor where the dresser is, and they are close to the A staircase & lifts.

Peter

Thank you Peter,that helps a lot, we will have to see if we get an upgrade, as we dont want to push our friends into more expence,on there first cruise.There cabin is 3028 ,about the same size as ours.

David

Cordaline - although we have not cruised in an M cabin we have been in a C cabin on the same deck. Don't think there would be a great difference between them. I have a few pics of our cabin here if they are of any interest to you. Have a great one, there is still nothing afloat like her.

http://ImageEvent.com/mufi/qe2cruisetonewenglandaugust2002

David.

Thank you,that helps a lot.

The cruise is not until Oct 4th so might be lucky and get an upgrade

Cordaline, also a David.

Archived