Toured the Magic!

We toured Carnival Magic 1/15! It is a beautiful ship! Luckily there were 2 weddings that day so we were able to see the set up of the ceremony spaces and the reception areas.

We have booked the DJ and Vibe Dance Club is where our reception will be. It was amazing! There was a reception set up in there so we got to see the set up. Plus, before we left the ship we walked by and we were able to see the actual reception for a quick second. I am so excited it looked even better than I ever imagined!

We ended up changing our cabin because we didn't like the location. I'm so glad we toured or otherwise we would have been above a deck that hung out and everyone would have been able to look right up at us on our balcony! We enjoyed a delicious lunch and walked around the entire ship.

I will post some pictures as soon as I get a chance. But, for all you other future Magic brides it is beautiful and you made the perfect choice!

We toured Carnival Magic 1/15! It is a beautiful ship! Luckily there were 2 weddings that day so we were able to see the set up of the ceremony spaces and the reception areas.

We have booked the DJ and Vibe Dance Club is where our reception will be. It was amazing! There was a reception set up in there so we got to see the set up. Plus, before we left the ship we walked by and we were able to see the actual reception for a quick second. I am so excited it looked even better than I ever imagined!

We ended up changing our cabin because we didn't like the location. I'm so glad we toured or otherwise we would have been above a deck that hung out and everyone would have been able to look right up at us on our balcony! We enjoyed a delicious lunch and walked around the entire ship.

I will post some pictures as soon as I get a chance. But, for all you other future Magic brides it is beautiful and you made the perfect choice!

Hey Bridetobe, so did we!!

Wasn't it just great. We toured just last Sunday and I'm still in shock over how nicee the Vibe Disco is. Totally matches my colors of Plum and Platinum.

Not sure if you've seen the msgs going around about the new policy for the DJ's, but basically, they are no longer offered for embarkment weddings. However, there is a "Host" available that knows how to work the DJ equipment provided you give him music I guess.

I forgot my camera, and the pictures I was able to take with my phone don't are quite dark. I'd love to see your pictures, especially since they have the setup of the reception in the Vibe!!

Also, what time did you get there for your tour? Things seemed VERY relaxed at 10:30. And according to our tour guide, she said weddings start at 1pm. That's a lot of time of waiting and looking around the ship for the guests. But I'm hoping it'll give me time to put up the small amount of decorations I want to do.

nona

We went at 11:30. I think that there is so much to see the guest won't even realize how much time has gone by. I also paid for mine to eat the lido deck. I figured everyone would definintly be ready for lunch by 12. That will help pass more time too.

I did read about the DJ. I am calling my coordinator first thing in the morning. We booked our wedding last March and booked the DJ at the same time. When I paid I wanted the DJ not a social host. I don't think they should be able to do this since we signed a binding contract and paid for a DJ. I will not be happy if I do not get a DJ. I hope that it is only for people who have not yet booked and the people who did pay still get one. We will see.

Things were also very easy for our tour even though we weren't there until 11:30. We got through customs and on the ship in about 15 minutes. They explained the whole process of checking sailing and nonsailing guest in on our wedding day. It will be very easy as long as everyone makes it there on time. Fortunatly, Galveston is a very easy port to find and make your way through so no one should have any problems.

The vibe doesn't exactly match my colors... Lime green and hot pink (crazy i know. I wanted pink and the only thing my fi insisted on was the lime green) It is an awesome room though. We are hoping to get married in the spotlight lounge. We are expecting about 60 guests so it should be the perfect size.

What kind of decorations are you planning on having?

I'm relieved to hear that! We will take a tour on Feb. 19th. BridetoBe, did you find someone to do your hair and makeup?

I'm relieved to hear that! We will take a tour on Feb. 19th. BridetoBe, did you find someone to do your hair and makeup?

I haven't officially decided. I have it between San Luis Salon or Belle Cherie (this one is out of Houston but will travel to the hotel). They both are about the same price. The reason I am undecided is because I have no idea what kind of work San Luis does. They have no photos on their website. I am going to call them soon to see if they can send me a portfolio of what they have done in the past. Then, hopefully I can decide.

Do you have someone picked out?

I haven't officially decided. I have it between San Luis Salon or Belle Cherie (this one is out of Houston but will travel to the hotel). They both are about the same price. The reason I am undecided is because I have no idea what kind of work San Luis does. They have no photos on their website. I am going to call them soon to see if they can send me a portfolio of what they have done in the past. Then, hopefully I can decide.

Do you have someone picked out?

Yes, I've decided to go with Thalio Beckham Makeup and hair. They come to you. They have really good reviews on the knot and wedding wire. The pictures on their site are great too. Are you going to stay at the San Luis resort? I'm undecided on what hotel to choose for guests to stay the night. I don't think our guests are going to want to pay $200 a night.

We went at 11:30. I think that there is so much to see the guest won't even realize how much time has gone by. I also paid for mine to eat the lido deck. I figured everyone would definintly be ready for lunch by 12. That will help pass more time too.

I did read about the DJ. I am calling my coordinator first thing in the morning. We booked our wedding last March and booked the DJ at the same time. When I paid I wanted the DJ not a social host. I don't think they should be able to do this since we signed a binding contract and paid for a DJ. I will not be happy if I do not get a DJ. I hope that it is only for people who have not yet booked and the people who did pay still get one. We will see.

Things were also very easy for our tour even though we weren't there until 11:30. We got through customs and on the ship in about 15 minutes. They explained the whole process of checking sailing and nonsailing guest in on our wedding day. It will be very easy as long as everyone makes it there on time. Fortunatly, Galveston is a very easy port to find and make your way through so no one should have any problems.

The vibe doesn't exactly match my colors... Lime green and hot pink (crazy i know. I wanted pink and the only thing my fi insisted on was the lime green) It is an awesome room though. We are hoping to get married in the spotlight lounge. We are expecting about 60 guests so it should be the perfect size.

What kind of decorations are you planning on having?

Hey Bridetobe!

For the ceremony, I'm hoping to having it in the Conference room, and having sashes and flowers for the aisle.

Reception, the Vibe is soo nice, I'm not doing much. There are about 3 large bar height tables, that I'd like to decorate with the favors and led tea lights.

I saw you're going to get lunch for your non-sailing guests! that's great. I was really thinking about it, since the host said that most of the weddings won't start until 1pm.

From 10:30 - 1pm is a long long time for people to not eat.

Nona

Yes, I've decided to go with Thalio Beckham Makeup and hair. They come to you. They have really good reviews on the knot and wedding wire. The pictures on their site are great too. Are you going to stay at the San Luis resort? I'm undecided on what hotel to choose for guests to stay the night. I don't think our guests are going to want to pay $200 a night.

We are not far from port so most of our guests decided not to stay the night. It's pretty much just us, bridal party and parents staying the night. We decided to stay at Holiday Inn Express. It is right next to the San Luis. It if a very nice hotel (we have stayed before), but it is still fairly expensive. It is about $200 a night, but for the same night San Luis was $350. We talked to everyone and most are going to double up on rooms so each couple will only have to pay $100, which isn't bad at all. Our wedding being in May, the hotels booked up fast. I called around and most of the less expensive hotels were already booked. Also, a lot of them have 2 night minimums for the weekends.

I am going to look them up for hair and makeup. Do you mind me asking what they are going to cost you? Also, do they do airbrush makeup?

We are not far from port so most of our guests decided not to stay the night. It's pretty much just us, bridal party and parents staying the night. We decided to stay at Holiday Inn Express. It is right next to the San Luis. It if a very nice hotel (we have stayed before), but it is still fairly expensive. It is about $200 a night, but for the same night San Luis was $350. We talked to everyone and most are going to double up on rooms so each couple will only have to pay $100, which isn't bad at all. Our wedding being in May, the hotels booked up fast. I called around and most of the less expensive hotels were already booked. Also, a lot of them have 2 night minimums for the weekends.

I am going to look them up for hair and makeup. Do you mind me asking what they are going to cost you? Also, do they do airbrush makeup?

All the hotels are filling up fast for us too. Our date is the Sunday after July 4th, which falls on Wednesday. I have been looking at Texas City hotels, since they are only 10-15 minutes from port. Yes, they do airbrush makeup. They are kind of pricey, but the reviews say they are worth every penny. For the bride its $210 for airbrush makeup, lashes, and hair.

Archived