Bunk Weight Limit?

Colorado Kat

my 150 lb child would more than likely fall off a bunk (onto my head below). would I be able to pull that foam off and lay it on the floor, just for him to sleep? We are going on the Paradise ship. I would think they were all the same fleet wide, but not sure. Thanks in advance

The upper bunks have rails that can be put up.

Has anyone over 200 pounds personally slept on a bunk for a week?

Does it shake and move? Feel unstable, like it might fall?

We are three mature females, 5'8", 5'6", and 5'4". I'm not sure how much the others weigh. I suggested an oceanview (for the sofabed) but the other two wanted an interior.

my 150 lb child would more than likely fall off a bunk (onto my head below). would I be able to pull that foam off and lay it on the floor, just for him to sleep? We are going on the Paradise ship. I would think they were all the same fleet wide, but not sure. Thanks in advance

My kids were sleeping in the top bunk at age 4- are you sure your child would fall out? I don't know how old he/she is but surely older than that. Most kids love top bunks and you rarely hear of any falling out.

We had an upper on the triumph about a year ago and I slept in it while my DD slept in the big bed with my DH. My DH climbed up a couple of times just to test it out and it didn't budge at all. We were pretty impressed with how solid it was. He's about 6'5" and 240.

We let two friends share a cabin with us so they could save money (never again)... anyway.... part of the condition was that they had to sleep on the top bunks.

She was about 230 lbs and he was around 260-270. They honestly scared the crap out of me when I climbed up there at first but they were solid and well built and held up just fine for our old friends. :-)

I have stayed in a bunk before and found it to be very comfortable. I'm 6'1" and weigh more than 250 lbs (I never saw a weight limit posted anywhere on the bunk). The bed was quite sturdy (no shaking or moving) and was every bit as long as the twin beds in the room. Sometimes the bunk mattresses are less worn out than the ones on the lower beds because it seems mostly little (light) kids sleep on them.

We did have a 1A on the Sensation and DS didn't like the bunk being over her head, so she pulled the mattress off every night and slept on the floor in lieu of me sleeping on the bunk. It is do-able, but it is quite a pain.

Archived