Cabanas at Nellie Beach.

kuddles14

The cabanas on Nellies Beach look exactly like the cabanas on Barefoot Beach. They are very very nice! Nellies Beach is right next door to Barefoot Beach. The beach area is beautiful.

Geema, thanks for the info. I have been able to find pictures of the cabanas on Barefoot Beach. They do look really nice. I am really glad we decided to take the plung and get the cabana. Also glad to hear the beach is nice. Just want to relax.

They didn't have anymore water cabanas available so reserved a hillside cabana. I figured the view had to be beautiful, just have to walk a bit to the water. At least I can walk off the food!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I was able to get to Barefoot as a Diamond member. Given that this is no sure thing, I'm thinking I would book Nellie's and then cancel if I get a cabana at Barefoot. Anyone know what the cancellation policy is? Is it the same as the normal policy that you can do it 24 hours in advance?

Good Morning All,

We were fortunate enough to get a cabana on Barefoot Beach this past January 2012. I didn't have a suite but put my name on the list with the Conceirge (we are Diamond Plus C&A members). I booked a cabana at Nellie's Beach for our upcoming May cruise on EOS.

My question for anyone who may have additional information is: Is one area better than the other with regard to the beach, cabana and buffet lunch? The cabanas at Barefoot Beach weren't over crowded, had a buffet that wasn't busy etc. Would Nellie's Beach be the same?

Just wondering if I should cancel my cabana at Nellie's and try my luck with Barefoot Beach again but that would mean putting my name on a list.

Thoughts?

Good Morning All,

We were fortunate enough to get a cabana on Barefoot Beach this past January 2012. I didn't have a suite but put my name on the list with the Conceirge (we are Diamond Plus C&A members). I booked a cabana at Nellie's Beach for our upcoming May cruise on EOS.

My question for anyone who may have additional information is: Is one area better than the other with regard to the beach, cabana and buffet lunch? The cabanas at Barefoot Beach weren't over crowded, had a buffet that wasn't busy etc. Would Nellie's Beach be the same?

Just wondering if I should cancel my cabana at Nellie's and try my luck with Barefoot Beach again but that would mean putting my name on a list.

Thoughts?

Anne....I was just at Labadee last week....no doubt the cabanas located directly on Barefoot are a nicer location than those at Nellie's.....Neille's beach get's much more crowded.....with that being said you will still have access to Barefoot with a cabana at Nellie's and that is the buffet lunch you use also.

Anne....I was just at Labadee last week....no doubt the cabanas located directly on Barefoot are a nicer location than those at Nellie's.....Neille's beach get's much more crowded.....with that being said you will still have access to Barefoot with a cabana at Nellie's and that is the buffet lunch you use also.

Thanks Steve, you have been very helpful! Happy Cruising!

Thanks. Right now it is not letting me book online for my April cruise. It says inquire onboard. Anyone know if stopped letting people book ahead of time?

What cruise are you on? We're on the 4/26 on the Explorer. We were able to book 2 cabanas online.

When I spoke with the RC rep, cancellation had to be done 4 days prior to setting sail.
Ut oh this isn't going to work with my plan :( I booked a hillside at Nellie's as a backup in case I couldn't get one at Barefoot over the water after talking to the concierge upon boarding, HUM.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Clarification on cancelation policy. You must cancel 4 days prior BUT that is only because bookings close 4 days prior to the sailing date so kinda 5 days out. Once onboard you can cancel as long as the excursion is over 24 hours away with no penalty. WHew, now hope my plan will work but if it doesn't I have a backup Cabana. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Clarification on cancelation policy. You must cancel 4 days prior BUT that is only because bookings close 4 days prior to the sailing date so kinda 5 days out. Once onboard you can cancel as long as the excursion is over 24 hours away with no penalty. WHew, now hope my plan will work but if it doesn't I have a backup Cabana. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thinking of doing the same exact thing too Dawna for our cruise in late May. I think I'll email the conceirge prior to our cruise to put our names on the list. Then when we board, I'll check in with him and if it looks like we will get the cabana on barefoot beach, will cancel too. Thanks for the information. Happy Cruising!

Thinking of doing the same exact thing too Dawna for our cruise in late May. I think I'll email the conceirge prior to our cruise to put our names on the list. Then when we board, I'll check in with him and if it looks like we will get the cabana on barefoot beach, will cancel too. Thanks for the information. Happy Cruising!
I have asked a couple of times on the boards but have not seen and answer, how do you find out the concierge's email? Seen many but not the Allure. You just got off the Allure, know that one?

BonVoyage

Dawna

I'm on the 4-15 Freedom. Maybe it is sold out?

I am also on the 4/15 sailing. I was able to book a hillside cabana a few weeks ago. At the time of booking all the over the water cabanas were gone. When I talked to RC on the phone, they told me that they only allow so many to book on line and leave a few for booking on board. Hope this helps.

I know I am hoping to be able to switch to a water cabana when we get on board.

Email me Dawna at Anner40@yahoo.com
You have mail :D

Weird, the hillside cabanas on my excursion list are now gone?? The over the water are still there but still say inquire onboard. You would think that if they were soldout it would just switch to inquire onboard since they usually hold some for people that book at the excursions desk. HUM

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 1 month later...

Just looking at making a reservation for a Labadee Nellies Beach Cabana for August 2012 and it says 'inquire onboard' (the link does not even open so I'm presuming that includes hillside and over water)

Thought I was making this booking early, but seems that's not the case.

I read that they hold some cabanas for onboard bookings, so.... has anybody had any luck booking a cabana onboard when its not available to book online ???

Should I get my hopes up or not ?

Archived