Price Drop help, Please?!

lcds1

On Celebrity Millennium April 2nd. Got a good price from TA- paid in Full Jan 13th.

Was just on Celebrity's site and it looks like prices have lowered with a 55 and older - which we are.

What is the system for getting OBC or a refund or ???? with Celebrity. I know I have done so with other lines.

Thanks for your money $aving help~!

You're within the final payment period, obviously, so Celebrity does not offer refunds or OBC. You can check to see if there's a cabin class above yours that's now selling for less than it was and have your TA upgrade you. If the price is still higher, you can pay the difference. If it's the same or lower, you can simply switch cabins. This won't apply if the new price is designated for new bookings only, but if it's a senior discount, I don't think it would be a NBO special.

On Celebrity Millennium April 2nd. Got a good price from TA- paid in Full Jan 13th.

Was just on Celebrity's site and it looks like prices have lowered with a 55 and older - which we are.

What is the system for getting OBC or a refund or ???? with Celebrity. I know I have done so with other lines.

Thanks for your money $aving help~!

Hi Lcds1,

Sorry, but the news is not great. I would not expect you to receive an OBC or refund, once you are past final payment. What Celebrity will offer, is allow you to upgrade to a higher Category... if the higher category cabin's price has dropped to the rate you paid. You also have the option of paying the difference to upgrade.

Of course, your Travel Agent can try to get you an OBC for the price drop. They have nothing to lose by asking - but it's not likely.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hang on a sec. I just checked and final payment for this cruise is 01 February 2012. OP said he/she paid in full, but it seems as if he/she may have paid in full before the final payment date. In that case, he/she should be eligible for the senior fare. My reasoning may be in error, but it wouldn't hurt to phone your TA ASAP tomorrow morning.

Hang on a sec. I just checked and final payment for this cruise is 01 February 2012. OP said he/she paid in full, but it seems as if he/she may have paid in full before the final payment date. In that case, he/she should be eligible for the senior fare. My reasoning may be in error, but it wouldn't hurt to phone your TA ASAP tomorrow morning.

It's probably showing 01 February because if the cruise is booked now, it's already inside the final payment period. I checked (it's now after midnight Eastern on Feb 1) and it's now showing "Minimum Full Payment Due Date: 02 February 2012". February 1st would have been the 61st day prior to sailing-- they might have had an odd cruise where final wasn't due until 60 days before sailing, but that would have been Feb 2, not Feb 1.

I was thinking it was 60 days...but I just went to Celebritys site and its 75.

wah wah wah quadruple wah!

I was hoping at least to get an upgrade. Ship does not look that full.

So go for the upgrade! They won't do it for you automatically, you have to have your TA call it in.

Last year on the Century the price went down quite a lot, we had booked cc and in the end got a Sky Suite plus OBC thru our agents. Always worth trying.

We are on a repositioning in April and will pay today although Final payment is on Saturday, however the prices have only risen and a lot!

Archived