cruise attire lately

k2

I am cruising in a couple of weeks and am wondering what people are wearing in the dining room on non-elegant nights. Is it still khaki and a polo or would checkered shorts and a nice t-shirt be more appropriate? I am looking for both men and young men (teens). Thanks!

For elegant night I am thinking dress shirt, tie and dress pants. Yes?

We will be on the Victory (if it matters)

Yes, what your wearing is fine :D You will find some people dress to the 9's some don't on elegant nights...I personally dont pay much attention to what others are wearing but on other nights, I think as long as your not wearing bathing suits, robes (LOL), ect to the dining room you will be fine. Wear what makes you comfortable. On non elegant nights we typically wear what we would if we were going out for the evening around town, and on elegant nights we dress it up a notch.

Don't stress too much about "what to wear" and enjoy your cruise :D

I am cruising in a couple of weeks and am wondering what people are wearing in the dining room on non-elegant nights. Is it still khaki and a polo or would checkered shorts and a nice t-shirt be more appropriate? I am looking for both men and young men (teens). Thanks!

For elegant night I am thinking dress shirt, tie and dress pants. Yes?

We will be on the Victory (if it matters)

We will be on the same cruise...18 days!!! WHOO HOO!!!

My plan for non formal nights is khakis and polo shirts. I wear these most times in my everyday life, so this will be normal for me. On the formal nights I am bringing 1 suit and 2 different color dress shirts and ties.

I am cruising in a couple of weeks and am wondering what people are wearing in the dining room on non-elegant nights. Is it still khaki and a polo or would checkered shorts and a nice t-shirt be more appropriate?

t-shirts are on the "NO" list.

although dress shorts are allowed, they are rare.

Great, I asked this question on another thread and everyone assured me that dress shorts were a common sight in the MDR.

Ugh, just when I was done stressing about wearing shorts, I come across this thread.:(

I guess we are the rare ones, because my son has always worn nice cargo shorts to the MDR with some type of polo shirt usually. He has cruised three times and ready to go on the fourth. On formal night he wears slacks and a shirt and tie. Don't know if the attire has changed but if I remember right on his last cruise in 2010 he wasn't the only one wearing them, but I could be wrong. ;)

Great, I asked this question on another thread and everyone assured me that dress shorts were a common sight in the MDR.

Ugh, just when I was done stressing about wearing shorts, I come across this thread.:(

don't stress. wear what you like as long as it's allowed, and you are dressing for the one you are walking in with.

just realize you will be in the minority.

I used to spend a lot of money on a new wardrobe before cruises. OP shirts and the like. But I live on Galveston bay and we wear that stuff all year long.

Now don't get me talking about ski clothes that I will never wear again.

I'm kind of scratching my head reading this thread as I have worn shorts for the last 3 cruises and I certainly wasn't alone.

I refrained from wearing my John Deere ball cap like some others though.

Bill

I wore jeans and a button up dress type shirt every night in the MDR and I dint feel funny in the least. My son wore shorts and a polo shirt with tennis shoes. It's fine. This isn't the fifties. Even large companies like one I work for are having employees dressing more business casual, no ties, jackets etc. More like khaki pants and dress shirts or polos. I saw many people wearing shorts to the dining room last year. I was on a seven day, on the Valor.

"In order to remain the same, it is necessary to CHANGE"

I think this is all the casualizing (is this a word:confused:) of our society. When a child, I can remember dressing up in my little teeny tiny suit to take a plane flight ! ! :eek:

"Who would have thought ?" is now Who dah thot ? (scary sometimes what is happening to our culture which at one time dominated and was the envy of the entire world):(

Archived