Cave Tubing- What to wear??

KentuckyTam

Leaving this weekend for our cave tubing trip and was curious as to what exactly I need to bring? If I wear shorts and a t shirt over my bathing suit, is there somewhere to put them before I get into the water? Or if I want to wear the shorts on the hike are they going in the water with me too? Any info would be appreciated and if it matters, I will be using X-Stream.:)

You can leave stuff safely on the van. Once you leave there, to walk up the river, everything you take has to go into the innertube on the river with you. A t-shirt over your swim suit and some shoes that can get wet are the thing to wear.

When you are picking up your innertube your guide will ask if you want to order lunch for $5. I have heard it is really good but no one in our group bought it. When you get back your guide will have bannana, watermellon, pinapple, etc to eat before you start the drive back to the terminal. That was plenty for us.

The last few miles to the river, after you turn off the "highway" is very rough and you think the van is going to fall apart.

Get your guide to point out the "sleeping man" mountain off to the left as your are on the highway going to the river. Very interesting.

I wore a sundress type cover-up over my swimsuit when we left the ship and took it off right before the hike. After the tubing was over I changed into dry clothes that I had left in the van. No one in our group wore anything but their swimsuits on the hike and in the water. I would think that a wet t-shirt would make you chilly when you are in the cave.

Hola,

Most of the tour guides recommend wearing a T-shirt to keep from chaffing your underarms. You lie on your back in the innertube and the movement of rowing rubs the back of your arm on the tube. Some water shoes or an old pair of tenners( invented by a man named Tenner,by the way,) is all you need. They told us not to wear a good pair of shoes because the clay can stain them red.

It is a fun trip and I wish that I could go with you.

Have a great trip and eat a shrimp for me.

Clackey

I wore by bathing suit top and a pair of quick drying shorts. Dont wear any type of heavy clothing!! It will just weigh you down more!

You can probably leave all your items locked up in the van. They tell you to leave everything behind even sunglasses and wedding bands. If you dont want to lost it, dont take it with you! I left my wedding bands in the van because they are a little loose and I knew with all the paddling they might slip off.

Archived