Birth certificate updates

janice2348

Scammed them how exactly? It may be less expensive to deal directly with the appropriate office of vital statistics rather than pay an additional service fee for VitalChek. That's not a scam, that's just a fee for the convenience.

VitalChek is a LexisNexis company. From their website: "LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting, and academic markets."

Attorneys rely on LexisNexis for various research and support services. Scamming attorneys would not be a smart plan.

I would recommend that anyone needing vital records actually read what services are offered by VitalChek, and also research how to obtain records directly, and finally make an informed choice.

Additionally, some governmental vital records offices actually refer people to VitalChek. Kansas is but one. Yes, I have used V/C and been very satisfied. They deliver exactly what they promise.

I know this thread is dead for the most part but wanted to add to the aboe that I have a upcoming cruise in a few weeks and needed a Birth Certificate and being I am in NY and was born in CA, I needed it sooner then later. For $52.95, I got a new Certificate of Live Birth from CA delivered to my door in 8 days.

Birth - Authorized : $21.00(USD)

Agency Expedite Fee: $0.00(USD)

Processing: $12.95(USD)

Shipping: $19.00(USD) One Day Air UPS

Tax: $0.00(USD)

Total$52.95(USD)

For the $12.95, I thought it was worth the hassles. All I had to do was get a form notorized locally then scanned and uploaded to Vitalcheck. The rest was handled by others. :) Now I have my certificate and can go on my cruise. Hope this helps others.

I know this thread is dead for the most part but wanted to add to the aboe that I have a upcoming cruise in a few weeks and needed a Birth Certificate and being I am in NY and was born in CA, I needed it sooner then later. For $52.95, I got a new Certificate of Live Birth from CA delivered to my door in 8 days.

Total$52.95(USD)

For the $12.95, I thought it was worth the hassles. All I had to do was get a form notorized locally then scanned and uploaded to Vitalcheck. The rest was handled by others. :) Now I have my certificate and can go on my cruise. Hope this helps others.

It's funny you should mention that-I had trashed them earlier on this thread and was looking through papers and discovered I had gotten my son's through them-my bad. I'm glad it worked out for you. Still waiting for the passport-on pins and needles :eek:

I'm not going to spend the extra to expidite a passport and too close for comfort the normal route but a passport is on the to do list when I get back. Especially if I like the cruise. :D

Vitalcheck seems to have a nice partnership with different states and counties so, it worked nicely and wouldn't hesitate referring others their way if the needed. Did have a credit card billing issue (cc company denied charges due to wrong expire date) and called, was on hold for several minutes but once I got through, all was good.

Happy for you. You certainly had a struggle but great you finally have your passport in your hands.

Hope you enjoy lots of wonderful travel with it. :)

Thanks for the encouragement. It's been a long road but I see the sea at the end of it!

Total$52.95(USD)

Mine was the same! I was born in CA also, but live in KY. I even had an issue with the notary seal on the form that CA requires and I had to deal directly with Santa Barbara County and I have to say, the person I talked to in CA was excellent!

I ordered 3 birth certificates (2 from KY and mine from CA) and I was very satisfied with how all 3 were handled. Plus, I liked that I was able to pay electronically. I figured it would take forever for me to send my request to CA, then receive my bc through the mail.

I would definitely use Vitalchek again.

It's amazing that many new parents aren't told that the certificate they get from the hospital is not the birth certificate. I know that I was informed that I would need to apply to the County of LA to get the official bc for my daughter and also how to apply for her social security number. I knew I had my personal birth certificate with the raised seal, so when I applied for my passport, I used the bc and my driver's license. For my daughter, I had her birth certificate when she got her first passport at age 3.

Archived