Waterproof digital camera deal on Groupon

momonthego17

Saw this on Groupon Goods (it's a new branch of Groupon) and I thought I would pass it along. It's good for 6 more days but there is a limited supply for sale. I have never used this camera but it's so cheap I thought somebody might want to check it out.

$35 for an SVP WP5300 Waterproof Digital Camera in Black, Blue, or Pink ($69.99 Value)

It's an Online deal. I hope this helps someone who wants an underwater capable camera with out spending a boat load of money!:eek:!

I saw this deal too! I bought the blue one. :) I don't know how good they are, but It has to be better than the underwater disposable ones we brought on our last cruise. Most of the water tubing pics that we took with the disposable water camera in Belize didn't come out, so for the price, I thought I'd give this one a shot.

I have one of these cameras and it takes ok pictures and will be suffecient for th occasional "beach camera." If you want to spend a little bit more I also own the Fujifilm Finepix xp20 and it takes pretty good underwater pictures and it does fairly well out of the water too. They have an XP10, Xp20, and XP30 version and you can get them on Ebay or Amazon for $100-$150.

Reviews say it's a decent camera for the price. Don't expect super quality, but heck, it's gotta be better than an iPhone, which is what I usually have "on hand" and I'm not taking that in the water with me any time soon!

For $35.00 this sounds like a great little point and shoot for vacation purposes. I'm sure I'll still drag along my Nikon for the nice shots but it's big, bulky, fragile and expensive. This little camera will go the places I'm afraid to take my D3000.

The pics are actually 5 megapixel instead of the advertised 12mp. It has some kind of option to upgrade it to 12mp, but im not for sure what all is required to do that. If it were me and I was buying, i'd pony up the $100 and get the fujifilm one, but if your just going to use it at the beach for a few pictures then I suppose the groupon one would do. As far as the video goes, ive never tried it out, so im not for sure. But if your going to just take a disposable underwater camera from your local box store, then the groupon one would probably seem like a cadillac.

Used to own one - didn't live up to its name. Iffy reviews online but I still took a chance. Hopefully you will have better luck

I did buy an Olympus X-560WP before Christmas for $50. Takes decent pix above as well as below water

Before that, I had my Casio Exilim in a dicapak - took better pix than the SVP.....

Heres an undewater shot with my FujifilmXP20 camera of a stingray from about 15 feet away in Belize...

248773_10150652619220607_697255606_19211850_5954720_n.jpg

Heres another out of the water shot with the Fujifilm XP20 out of the water...

250433_10150652621800607_697255606_19211908_6152272_n.jpg

Just picked up a flyer from Best Buy today. XP20 on sale thru 4 Feb....139.98

I bought the Fuji xp10 a couple of years back.. great 'cruise/beach' camera!!

The only issue you may have with this groupon deal is the fact that it uses AA batteries..make sure you either bring rechargables, or a healthy supply of disposables!! You may only get a days worth out of each set of batteries, much less if you use video.

there is a smaller memory card capacity on it, too.. just keep it in mind.

The SVP's are selling for a lot cheaper on ebay, some of them any way and there's so many that a really cheap deal comes up sometimes. Most are also offered with free shipping.

And no, I'm not selling them but I may buy one

Archived