Star Princess

txmommy2

We have booked a summer cruise to Alaska on the Star Princess. We have cruised many times but this is the first time with Princess. I have read a lot of negative reviews (granted many are old - can't seem to find more recent reviews) and would like to know if I should be concerned. We will go and have a good time but want to "manage" my expectations!

Also, for those that have cruised from Seattle, will we be able to make a 1:30 flight? Seems like we should have plenty of time. Does anyone know if fog delays are every a problem in July?

Thanks

We have booked a summer cruise to Alaska on the Star Princess. We have cruised many times but this is the first time with Princess. I have read a lot of negative reviews (granted many are old - can't seem to find more recent reviews) and would like to know if I should be concerned. We will go and have a good time but want to "manage" my expectations!

Also, for those that have cruised from Seattle, will we be able to make a 1:30 flight? Seems like we should have plenty of time. Does anyone know if fog delays are every a problem in July?

Thanks

I would NOT be concerned at all with sailing on the Star. I've greatly enjoyed 2 month long cruises on the Star within the past 2 years. In November during a drydock they completed the upgrades to make her more like their newest ships.

While things can go wrong on any cruise lines' ships, many of the very negative reviews are exaggerated. For every bad review, there are many positive ones from passengers on the same cruise. During dozens of cruises I've never had a 'bad' cruise, just some that were slightly better than others. Some folks are just hard to please & only see things their way.

Have a great Alaskan cruise this summer on the Star Princess! :D

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=95345

Here's my review. Five stars :D

The ship itself was gorgeous. I had a couple minor issues with hot water, and a shore excursion gone bad (not the fault of Princess) but otherwise it was a fabulous cruise.

I have no idea why it shows that I rated the spa & fitness as a 1 :confused: I never used either so I must have accidentally hit the wrong thing. oops :o

We are scheduled on the Star this September for the first time. We have sailed the last three Princess cruises out of Seattle and have had no weather problems and the Ships get back in with plenty of time to catch a 1:30 PM flight.

Archived