Price hikes

craig0304

Earlier this week, I saw RCL hike balcony prices on liberty cruises out of Barcelona by £100 per person. This applies to both 5 and 7 night cruises.

Then two hours ago, I get an email from RCL, stating "free flights to Europe".

Hmmm, hike up the prices to throw in freebies doesn't get past me!

Is this common?

Earlier this week, I saw RCL hike balcony prices on liberty cruises out of Barcelona by £100 per person. This applies to both 5 and 7 night cruises.

Then two hours ago, I get an email from RCL, stating "free flights to Europe".

Hmmm, hike up the prices to throw in freebies doesn't get past me!

Is this common?

A few UK Cruisers have reported a price hike today since the Free Flights were announced. :(

A few UK Cruisers have reported a price hike today since the Free Flights were announced. :(

Are these flights only in Europe or are they to Europe and from where? Any idea where one might find some info about this? Thanks.

Disregard I see someone has answered.

I would gladly pay $200 additional cruise fare for free air to Europe. Where do I sign up?

Me too! but we won't see that offer in the US. It's just for the Europeans and flights from say London to Barcelona are easily covered by the price hike.

I had a friend that booked a river cruise and then "free flights" came out. They would have paid more for the flight and cruise together with the new rate than they paid for their cruise and booking their own flight.

I wish they wouldn't do that kind of thing because it's so confusing, but you just have to do your homework.

Me too! but we won't see that offer in the US. It's just for the Europeans and flights from say London to Barcelona are easily covered by the price hike.

Oh well. Thanks to all for the information. I guess it is no big deal if the inceases equal the airfare.

July & August 2012 cruises on SP went up this morning by around £200 per person!! :eek:

How long before prices come down? :confused:

I have noticed also, I sail on the 26th May. And our cabin is £150 more than bokking price. However the free flights are not avalible on our cruise date. Just 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after ours! But there is a Double bank holiday due to the Queens Jubilee. So everything is more expencive!

Archived