Msc Fantasia?

anjo

Hi Everyone, My Daughter and her Partner are just about to take a cruise on MSC Fantasia, I've only ever done Princess and Celebrity. Have been reading the Reviews, most of them seem awful!! Any Kiwis or Aussie perspectives would be most appreciated!! Thanks. P.S. Our Christmas Cruise on the Diamond Princess was Amazing. Perfect weather all the way from Sydney[Even the weather in Fiordland was Great] till we hit Auckland and then we had rain for 2 weeks!!!

in 2007 my family and I did a cruise on the MSC Musica. I know it's a different ship but same company so I'd assume they would be similar. Having only cruising Princess, you definitely notice the difference between the lines. The MSC always seemed crowded, everything cost extra and the staff were no where near as nice. I think because English is not the first language of the cruise line it makes it hard for us, especially with meeting other people and going to shows etc.

Also a big thing that we noticed was the lack of anytime dining. If you missed the set restaurant time for breakfast or lunch, it was plain bad luck. There was several hours in every day where you couldn't get food anywhere without paying extra. We would not cruise on MSC.

Having said that, the ship was clean and the ports were great. Although we wouldn't go back, we did still have a good holiday. Just not at the same standard as Princes. But who knows, things can change in 5 years and it could be the best cruise you've ever done. Hope it is good for you :)

Just came off a cruise on the sister ship Splendida last month. Ours was also the western Med as it seems like that one will be.

The ship is excellent - top marks; it's certainly better than most ships that have sailed in Australian waters. It's also much bigger - not sure if your daughter has other things to compare against or if this is her first cruise.

I won't go into much detail as it depends what she's taking it for and her expectations. However, the weather was generally good on ours so I think she should do well if it's just touristy to see the sights. While there are certainly areas where MSC can improve and things I didn't like compared to other lines, overall there were still lots of positives and it was a good cruise.

Hope she enjoys it!

Archived