Security question ~ what will cruise line do about obnoxious neighbors?

gottahaveabeach

Recently cruised on Magic in a cove balcony. Had issues with neighboring cabin. The woman would scream obscenities and accuse me of "spying" on her if I was on my balcony at the same time they were on theirs. (I was NOT spying on anyone.) I never even spoke to her. They would come in at 2:30 in the morning and yell as loud as possible purposely trying to wake everyone up, using the F* word and many more, English and Spanish. I complained at least 3 times to security. They said since they didn't see it they couldn't do anything about it and just said call them back if it happened again. I felt bullied and afraid she would get more agitated. I did not feel safe or comfortable with the way this was handled. I called Carnival when we got home to see how this should have been handled but all they said was they were sorry it happened. One night there whole group was in the hallway at 2:30 cussing loudly. Has this happened to anyone else? What should be expected of security on a cruise ship?

Recently cruised on Magic in a cove balcony. Had issues with neighboring cabin. The woman would scream obscenities and accuse me of "spying" on her if I was on my balcony at the same time they were on theirs. (I was NOT spying on anyone.) I never even spoke to her. They would come in at 2:30 in the morning and yell as loud as possible purposely trying to wake everyone up, using the F* word and many more, English and Spanish. I complained at least 3 times to security. They said since they didn't see it they couldn't do anything about it and just said call them back if it happened again. I felt bullied and afraid she would get more agitated. I did not feel safe or comfortable with the way this was handled. I called Carnival when we got home to see how this should have been handled but all they said was they were sorry it happened. One night there whole group was in the hallway at 2:30 cussing loudly. Has this happened to anyone else? What should be expected of security on a cruise ship?

That is crazy! You should have recorded her and then showed security the video. I am sorry you had to go thru that.

Here's how it usually goes....first time cruisers and look out I got me a balcony room....insert 20 other

r folks that come to party! let's all hit my sisters place and pump it up!

next cruise repeat....nice thing is after they drink into a stupor at certain islands they shut up for a day.

security.....no help! All my 75 yo mom wanted to do was sit out and read a book and not boom box..Then again on my side I had parents that used the balcony as the playground so. We would not win.

I know people are going to party. That's not my question. I want to know what I can and should expect of security. These people had kids who were no problem. I think they left them by themselves sometimes. I know they were low-class cuz they stiffed the steward by having all the tips reversed.

:mad: I did think of recording her but when you are awakened in the middle of the night its kinda hard to grab your camera and do all that. I was hoping security would say something to let them know they WERE a nuisance. Isn't that their job?

People like that don't care. It's all about "them". Next time, throw 'em over board.

I'm surprized other neighboring cabins didn't complain when they had the party in the hallway at 2:30 am. I would have kept calling Guest Services until someone came and put a stop to it.

You spent good money on your vacation, what a terrible thing to have happen.

I wish security would have at least knocked on their door and told them to lower the noise level. I think it is absurd for them to say they have to see it. Security should have done something for you, unfortunately they don't seem willing to help out unless it is some public area.

This is one of many areas that Carnival could improve their policies.

Here's what I would do in this situation: Record the nonsense on cam. Complain again. Show the video to security. If they still don't help, raise hell until the hotel director talks to you. Show him/her the video. If that fails... I would find some inexpensive wi-fi at the next port - upload the video to youtube. Raise hell on Carnival's Facebook & Twitter. Post the link to the video everywhere, including on this board. Post the video on John Heald's Facebook. Blog about it. Post it on Consumerist. Raise some more hell. If someone isn't outraged and does something about it, then I must be overreacting...

Here's what I would do in this situation: Record the nonsense on cam. Complain again. Show the video to security. If they still don't help, raise hell until the hotel director talks to you. Show him/her the video. If that fails... I would find some inexpensive wi-fi at the next port - upload the video to youtube. Raise hell on Carnival's Facebook & Twitter. Post the link to the video everywhere, including on this board. Post the video on John Heald's Facebook. Blog about it. Post it on Consumerist. Raise some more hell. If someone isn't outraged and does something about it, then I must be overreacting...

Right on....gotta love social media!

Sadly, I think that scgamecock is right. If they are ruining your vacation, take whatever steps are necessary to get some sort of intervention. If you can't get that from security, move up the chain until someone steps in to help fix the problem.

When I complained about the loud neighbors next door, we got an immediate response from Security. These neighbors had been fairly obnoxious earlier on their balcony - playing music loud, very vulgar cursing and loud laughing. I wasn't thrilled but let it go.

But when I got woke up at 4AM (disembark day) with loud loud music coming through the wall, the same loud cussing the F bomb and his nitwit wife giggling like an idiot - I had had enough. I called the front desk and they were wonderful - security was there knocking at their door in just a couple minutes. They were pretty serious with them and asked "is there going to be any more trouble tonight?" The people answered no sir and to their word I didn't hear another peep. I don't know if it's totally unrelated or if security was made aware of something during the visit - because when I got back from breakfast that morning there was a swarm of Customs officers & ships security outside these people's door. Demanding passports & proof of ID. It did not look good for them.

This was a 3 day cruise and the neighbors did not become this obnoxious until the last night. I was wondering if they were thinking "what are they going to do, kick us off the ship?" Could be the response varies with the ship. There was more bad behavior on this ship (Imagination, 3 day cruise) than I have ever seen before. Fighting & passengers yelling at each other. Maybe security was more active on this cruise because they felt they had to be.

Fish taco, I disagree and I think you are being over critical. The issue is the poster said she called security and they blew her off. She felt threatened, bullied, and unsafe. It is a logical question to ask and expect an answer as to what should the expectation of security do in these situations. Sounds like folks have different experiences--some very prompt and effective while others are less than effective. Personally, if I called security, I would have the expectation that they would come to the cabin, find out what was going on, and then work to some resolution for all parties. The poster feels unsafe. threatened. This should not happen on vacation. Period.

I agree that the throwing in the tip removal and the leaving the child alone might be over the top but the poster clearly says she thinks they did. No proof. I assume she knows about the tip removal because she overheard them talk about it or was told that.

Waiting for the "it's their vacation, they can do what they want" posts. Followed by the "I learned long ago to not worry about other people and enjoy myself" posts. Where are the bathrobe thread people when you need them?

And I thought it was a dull morning on CC! LOL! Classic! ;):D

Waiting for the "it's their vacation, they can do what they want" posts. Followed by the "I learned long ago to not worry about other people and enjoy myself" posts. Where are the bathrobe thread people when you need them?

You're being obtuse. There is a HUGE difference between wearing a freaking bathrobe and clearly disrupting others. If you can't see the difference then you have larger issues than someone wearing a bathrobe in front of you. These 2 things are not even close.

That sucks...

My initial reaction is that they should have at least tried to talk to those people...although I don't know what good it would have done.

For them to to do nothing was wrong.

When I complained about the loud neighbors next door, we got an immediate response from Security. These neighbors had been fairly obnoxious earlier on their balcony - playing music loud, very vulgar cursing and loud laughing. I wasn't thrilled but let it go.

But when I got woke up at 4AM (disembark day) with loud loud music coming through the wall, the same loud cussing the F bomb and his nitwit wife giggling like an idiot - I had had enough. I called the front desk and they were wonderful - security was there knocking at their door in just a couple minutes. They were pretty serious with them and asked "is there going to be any more trouble tonight?" The people answered no sir and to their word I didn't hear another peep. I don't know if it's totally unrelated or if security was made aware of something during the visit - because when I got back from breakfast that morning there was a swarm of Customs officers & ships security outside these people's door. Demanding passports & proof of ID. It did not look good for them.

This was a 3 day cruise and the neighbors did not become this obnoxious until the last night. I was wondering if they were thinking "what are they going to do, kick us off the ship?" Could be the response varies with the ship. There was more bad behavior on this ship (Imagination, 3 day cruise) than I have ever seen before. Fighting & passengers yelling at each other. Maybe security was more active on this cruise because they felt they had to be.

THAT is what I would hope for! I'm happy to hear about your experience. It's comforting to know that thr OP's experience isn't the norm.

Ok my reply may have sounded scathing,but only when the op re commented after much sympathy to them had been expressed from others.

The comment about their cabin neighbours antics and on-board finances/child rearing choices/lower class "Than Me" attitude must tell many who have been around CC long enough that they are looking for sympathy and a bit of back up of elitism for a cruiser who just wants to express that elitism!

Who really has become so obsessed by the antics of their cabin neighbours that they have found the time whilst enjoying a vacation to find out the guilty party removed their tips? who told them? why were they told? and why would anyone from Carnival tell them that their cabin neighbours removed their tips?

Obsession?

In The past i have had valid reason to be involved in on board security issues and I have to say,"Genuine security complaints" are not taken lightly and require much more than one trip to the Pursers desk (at your own cruise time expense)

Sympathy being seeked pure and simple!

Den

chip on your shoulder???

I would consider anyone dropping the F bomb loudly at night and bullying me off my balcony lower than low class. Maybe you think that's fine, but I don't.

Also, considering how loud these people were, the OP could have HEARD them say they were removing the tips or she could have seen them at the CS desk (like I have seen people) screaming they want the tips removed. I don't think she just added that to make a point.

Archived